Can I Still Get A Battery Replacement For A 1st Gen?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by the goat, Oct 15, 2010.

1. the goat

the goat Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    What the title says, really. I've got a 16GB 1st gen iPod Touch and the battery has been playiong up for a while but now it has really got to the limit. It goes from full charge 10 10% in about 20 mins (standby) So is it still covered by warranty (I doubt) would I have to pay for a replacement?
  2. xxhorseriderxxx

xxhorseriderxxx Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    You can replace the battery yourself if you really are attached to it. I still have my 1st gen touch, and thankfully my battery still works fine (although it is kinda slow on 3.1.2 compared to 1.1.4)

http://www.ifixit.com/iPod-Parts/iPod-Touch-Gen-1-Replacement-Battery/IF132-005

iFixit is great 'cause they list step by step instructions with extremely high resolution pictures along the way.
  3. the goat

the goat Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Thanks for the quick reply

Please Register or Log in to view images

And I'm not really a DIY person tbh and even though the price is considerably less, I won't go for it :/ Thanks for the suggestion though, I'm going to a shopping centre with an Apple Store tomorow, so it's worth a try. I just restored it to get rid of the jb to take it to the store, and it seems to be better actually, maybe all of those jailbreak stuffs clogging it up and draining it?