Can I restore a 1g ipod touch with a 2g ispw?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Sparkyx, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Sparkyx

Sparkyx Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I have recently jailbroken my 2g ipod touch using quickfreedom. I have the patched firmware [*.ispw] file still, and was wondering, if i could just restore a 1st generation ipod touch with the jailbroken firmware file (the one i used on 2g ipod) through itunes...or would i have to use a different firmware file instead. is it compatible?
  2. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    The answer is no. The firmware is completly rewritten for the 2g only. It like putting an iPhone ipsw on the iPod Touch first gen.
  3. pyroxp7

pyroxp7 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    NO!!!! Don't even think about doing it! The firmwares/ISPW are COMPLETELY different even though they're both iPod Touches, but that's why they're called 1G and 2G. Don't do it or you'll completely f**k up your iPod.
  4. r3v0lver

r3v0lver New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Sorry but no... But unlike pyroxp7 said, i dont even think itunes would allow u to try...
  5. Sparkyx

Sparkyx Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    thank you. I won't make that mistake now =)
  6. ChronicFunk

ChronicFunk New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Incorrect. iTunes will simply reject it as it will recognise that your using a iPod touch 2G. If it does manage to get through iTunes, then idk. If something bad happens, then theirs always DFU mode.