Can i rebuild itunes with my ipod?

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by iLoveMen, Aug 22, 2008.

1. iLoveMen

iLoveMen New Member

So I ran out of space on my computer hard drive and just received my 500GB external one. So i decided to move all my music from the computer HD to the external one. But i copied and pasted it cuz i wanted to see when i opened itunes if the artwork and everything would be saved. So i held shift and double clicked itunes and created a new library and got my music from the external to come up in itunes but the artists were all messed up and there was no art work and it took a long time to get everything perfect. So i decided i was gonna go back to the library that i was previously using cause it was perfect, but now its not there. theres 1 itunes library extremely messed up and all the songs are duplicated and its just a big mess and the one on the hard drive is not as bad but its not good. Is there any way to rebuild itunes with the artwork and and the artists and everything as its on the ipod?
  2. Storm Surge

Storm Surge New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    you would have to use a program to manually copy the songs back into your hard drive.

I did it when my computer crashed and to my surprise all of the songs were there and lyrics + album art.

Unfortunately, none of the programs are free...
  3. iLoveMen

iLoveMen New Member

What program did you use?
  4. Drew90

Drew90 New Member

Open iTunes go to Edit - Preferences - Advanced - General and change your iTunes Music folder location to your external HD. Then go to Advanced - Consolidate Library and it will move all your music to your External HD. It will have artwork and everything should be organized.
  5. iLoveMen

iLoveMen New Member

didnt work. when i pressed consolidate library that little exclamation point in the gray circle came up next to every song. and it didnt do anything after that.
  6. sazhns2

sazhns2 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    If you want artwork, just click Advanced>Get album artwork, or you could re-install iTunes (wiping out the messed up library) , backup your iPod library using sharepod(free) and click get album artwork in iTunes after re-importing them, I think that would be the best way, but I don't know how to quickly get lyrics if you have them.
  7. Spartigus

Spartigus New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Hey
    You can actually do it for free. My dad used linux and a free program to get his music of his ipod. He is an advanced computer user as well, it took him maybe 20 minutes and it costed nothing.