can I play songs from where I left off last time?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by candy17, Jan 5, 2009.

1. candy17

candy17 New Member

hi, I'm a new itouch user, when I turn off the itouch then turn it back on, it play the music from the first song in my list...does anyone know if it is possible to set it so it will play from where I left it off before I turn off the itouch? I read in one of the thread to change the info in itune then sync with the itouch...I did that...but i still have the problem. It is very annoying that the itouch doesn't remember the position of the song that I played last.

thanks
  2. jnskyliner34

jnskyliner34 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The only time when my iPod Touch plays where the stopped is when I pause it, press the home button and then pressing the power button (not turning it off).
  3. koyote1978

koyote1978 New Member

Hi,

as already said - the best way to do it is not turning the ipod off. Just hit the power button once to turn off the screen. you can either pause the music beforehand or pause it in this locked mode by double clicking the home button and then hit pause or pull the headphones.

i personally almost never turn my ipod off, the battery does not seem to drain at all if its paused and the screen is off.

Changing the settings for the file in itunes is good for podcasts and audiobooks. Itunes remembers where you stopped playing (even when you turn it off and/ or listen to other songs in between). I don't think it's necessary for 3-minute-songs also because this does not mean that the ipod remembers what song in a certain playlist you were listening to last.The only way to do that is the above mentioned method.
  4. jnskyliner34

jnskyliner34 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    oooh and i thought i was the only one who never turns off their iPod Touch.

Please Register or Log in to view images