Can I Make my Jailbroken iPod Touch Temporarily Look Unjailbroken?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by TechnoEagle, Feb 6, 2010.

1. TechnoEagle

TechnoEagle Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I have a jailbroken iPod with custom themes, apps, etc. Is there a way to temporarily make my iPod look completely unjailbroken without actually restoring? I want to hide all evidence of a jailbroken iPod, but only for a few hours. Is this possible?
    Thanks in advance!
  2. Spectre216

Spectre216 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    can i ask why?
  3. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Poof away any applications like cydia and such. Remove the winterboard theme.

Poof them back once you want it all back
  4. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

If you're going to the Apple Store, I'd suggest restoring to a backup Instead of trying to 'hide' it.
  5. Gershmer

Gershmer Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Whoa. Never seen you.

Anyway, I'd do this.
  6. TechnoEagle

TechnoEagle Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Two questions about restoring:
    1. How do I do this? Do I just click the "Restore" button in iTunes?
    2. How easy is it to get my iPod back to the way it was (with themes and Cydia apps) after a restore?
  7. magic8ball88

magic8ball88 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    You probably want to disable all extensions too. I would use rock extensions because you can disable sbsettings too.
  8. Andrew.

Andrew. New Member

yup its that easy but, the problem is if you do that itunes will automatically download the newest version of iPhone OS, which is now 3.1.3, and it might not be jailbreakable... so instead hold shift and then left click restore in itunes, look for the firmware 3.1.2 and restore.
    after you jailbreak you have to redownload everything you had before on your ipod, i learnt the hard way :S i have an ipod touch 3G, and its teathered

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. *Bp

*Bp Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    1. yes you just click the restore button, keep in mind you will lose everything; music,apps,movies,etc...

However, if its on your pc (or mac) you can just resync it all to your ipod. YOUR IN FOR A LONG SYNC IF ITS A LOT OF STUFF~!

2. Its not that easy. I would call it easy if it was just resyncing and thats it, but being jailbroken many things will not resync. why?

A lot of the things you have on there are not saved on itunes and are installed through cydia directly to your ipod. so your pretty much going to have to reinstall all cydia apps, all app addons, all themes(first winterboard though), and everything else that your ipod didn't have before you jailbroke it.

Its actually quite a bother, but if you have at least 2-3 hours of free time to do all of this over again i don't see why you shouldn't.

If not i would just install sbsettings and poof everything that was installed through cydia, including cydia. Make sure to turn off your theme before you poof winterboard though!
  10. sageDieu

sageDieu Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    don't listen to people saying you have to manually reinstall everything *points upwards*

If you have an extra $4 to spare buy pkgbackup from the cydia store. you can backup your apps with it and it saves the information in a contact file so if you backup your ipod with itunes then when you restore and jailbreak you can simply restore it from your backup and redownload pkgbackup then hit restore in pkgbackup.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    don't listen to people saying you have to manually reinstall everything *points upwards*

If you have an extra $4 to spare buy pkgbackup from the cydia store. you can backup your apps with it and it saves the information in a contact file so if you backup your ipod with itunes then when you restore and jailbreak you can simply restore it from your backup and redownload pkgbackup then hit restore in pkgbackup.