Can i make a 3.5 mm to 2x RCA plug?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by len115566, Jan 6, 2008.

1. len115566

len115566 New Member

I want to hook my ipod up to my speakers and i need a 3.5 mm to 2x RCA plug.My radioshack didnt have any in stock.Is there a way i can make my own?i have plenty rca plugs and plenty of headphones.
  2. TakeAimAtSin

TakeAimAtSin Member

I suppose you could, but the parts to make on would probably be more that actually buying one, and it would take a long time
  3. smellslikec.ison

smellslikec.ison New Member

it possible but since i reckon this is ur first go at it...i would suggest first of, TAKE UR TIME... there's no reason for me to scare u off like this, but i'm just trying to say that will u remove the outer layer of the cables, stripping to the metal bit, and later with tape mending the whole thing... take ur time, mate.

patience makes perfection and by that i mean, the calmer u do it, the better quality the 'mended cable' will sound like...with no 'scratchy'-like noises.

=)

...good luck.
  4. Tanooki

Tanooki Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Easy, just take the red/white cables cut it in half and strip it down. Next take your headphones and cut the cable and strip it down. The headphone jack should have two wires with each wire having to smaller wires. Both the red/white cables should have two cables and just connect them together, simple stuff.