Can I jailbreak my iPod touch 2g version 3.1.2

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by casanova666, Dec 27, 2009.

1. casanova666

casanova666 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I've been reading up on it, and it seems the option easiest for me is quickfreedom. I believe I would have to restore to version 2.2.1 first using this quickfreedom. I have the restore on my pc along with quickfreedom. My only worry is that I would mess something up and my touch wouldn't work at all. I'm pretty good with computers, but just worry.

Do I lose my wifi after jailbreaking? If my wifi messes up how will download and install anything? Also, what problems have you noticed after jailbreaking that wasn't there before, if any?

Is it even worth it? I know warranty will be voided. I guess I'm a little confused about the whole thing. What program would you advise using if not quickfreedom. I've also read about blackra1n. I just want the easiest and most foolproof way. No matter what I read, blackra1n users have had trouble, and quickfreedom users have as well.

Will all my apps then come from Cydia? Will I need [PIRACY]us? I'm thinking of doing this tonight and would like to know ahead of time exactly what programs I would need after jailbreaking to ensure I'm able to use wifi, and download and install apps like winterboard, free apps and things such as that.

I also want untethered jailbreak, not tethered. If I understand right, untethered means I will not have to hook to pc to restart it should I turn it off. Recommend a good video tutorial also if you have one.

Thanks.
  2. originaldrdoom

originaldrdoom New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    This might not be the right place, but here goes:

I have a non-Intel 2.3 Dual PPC Mac. I have a 32 GB 2g iPod Touch with 3.1.2.

My question is: Is there a Jailbreak for 3.1.2 for the PPC Mac? And, if so, is there a walkthrough so I don't brick the iPod?

Many thanks in advance.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. LuffyZoro

LuffyZoro New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Blackra1n is the easiest way for both of you. It is untethered for the iPod touch 2G on 3.1.2, and very simple. RC3, which is the most current version, should also work on a PPC Mac.

Oh and also, [PIRACY]us is piracy. We're not allowed to talk about it on the forums.
  4. originaldrdoom

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    For some weird reason, I thought Blackra1n was only for Windows or Intel-only Macs...
    I'll do some more research and see what I can find.
    Can I PM you if I has questions?
    Thanks for the help.

5. Uchiha1911

Uchiha1911 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    BlackRa1n is the easiest jailbreak out there at the moment.

You will NOT lose your WiFi after jailbreaking. No problems at all so far (9 months).
    Jailbreaking is worth it, you'll have so much more in the palm of your hand. Jailbreaking DOES void warranty, but you can just restore your iPod to factory settings by 1-clicking the 'Restore' button in iTunes. This erases ANY evidence that you have jailbroken your device.

BlackRa1n for the 2G is untethered. If you have difficulty jailbreaking your device, you can add me on MSN if you please. Send me a PM if that's the case.
  6. originaldrdoom

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    This has got to be the coolest site with the most helpful members. Thanks so much!

I just did the Blackra1n JB and forgot one thing: I don't has WiFi.

Looks like I'll have to find a WiFi signal in order to complete the JB..?

Other than that, the Blackra1n JB went smooth.

7. casanova666

casanova666 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks so much for your replies. I was scared to do it, but went ahead and jumped right in with blackrain and my touch was jailbroke within 2 minutes. It was so easy. I now have Cydia and Winterboard and have even gotten a few themes. I LOVE IT! Thanks so much. East as pie for me.
  8. Uchiha1911

Uchiha1911 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Yup, you'll need WiFi to install Cydia from the the BlackRa1n application on your iPod. If you really can't find a WiFi signal, read up on Cyder.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Have fun with it!
  9. vdub19

vdub19 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    • Flaming and/or trolling
    use blackrain you noob!
  10. Uchiha1911

Uchiha1911 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    • Flaming and/or trolling
    [redacted], if you're not going to help don't reply.