iOS 3.1 Can I jailbreak 2nd gen 3.1.2?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by namethatscleverandironic, Dec 17, 2009.

1. namethatscleverandironic

namethatscleverandironic New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I would bet that most of the people who frequent this forum are well aware of the answer to this -- and I apologize if this is sort of a redundant question -- but I really can't find out for sure if my 3.1.2 (7D11) firmware on my iPod Touch 2G can be jailbroken or not. I've found Google searches to be unreliable for the most part as potentially and actually fake tutorials are spread around. I've searched this forum but I'm not finding anything [yet] on specifically 3.1.2.

My iPod Touch used to be jailbroken until I upgraded. That's been fine for a while, but I thought I'd check to see if I could set it back to jailbroken again.

I started searching around for jailbreak updates up until a month or so after this firmware update -- now it's been a while and I'm feeling a little lost on the subject. I seem to remember there being some issues on jailbreak progress for this particular firmware version. If it can be done, are there any issues with it or is it now as smooth as it used to be?

If anyone can give any clear answers, I'd very much appreciate it. And again, I do apologize if this is so much a basic question and more obvious than it currently seems to me. Thanks very much!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Hmm... what do you know. blackra1n seems to be the answer that I was looking for. If I could delete this thread, I probably would.
    Thanks to all that would reply, though! And if there's anything else that I should probably know about jailbreaking today (anything important that's changed over the past ten months) but I likely don't, please do let me know!
  2. Smithy

Smithy New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Well done, was about to recommend it 'til I read the rest.