Can I get themes on my Touch without jailbreaking?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by mattshallperish, Oct 15, 2008.

1. mattshallperish

mattshallperish New Member

So I just made the jump to 2.1 and I wanna get rid of the generic icons and black background that I had to revert back to. My touch used to have jailbroken 1.1.4 firmware and I changed my themes all the time with Summerboard, so I was hoping now that there is something like this I can get from the AppStore without having to resort to jailbreaking again. Thanks.
  2. ipNinja

ipNinja New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Simple answer. No, sorry
  3. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

More detailed answer: changing anything outside of the Media folder; even accessing anything outside it, requires root-level access that is enabled only by jailbreaking. Apple does NOT approve of changing the UI as it alters the Apple Experience, and App Store apps by the rules of the App Store as well as restrictions imposed on them by the iPod by virtue of the location keep the app from affecting anything outside itself.
  4. Shadowriver

Shadowriver Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well SDK API simply not allow to do anything to system. Apple won't approve it and don't even need to approve, simply because it's imposable to make such app with there SDK.

To not mistake someone, UI is changeable but only for app itself but not outside of app (see Aurora faint for example).... well it's little off topic anyway ;p
  5. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

Um... App Store has rejected apps because they didn't comply with the UI guidelines.

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. yankees101

yankees101 Banned

apple pisses me off. y cant they just let us do some customization???

and y dont u just jailbreak? its not that hard and if anything goes wrong, u can just restore. search around an you'll find a lot of guides.
  7. BadKarma

BadKarma Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    Where do you learn this stuff?