Can I get a 2nd gen?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by That Guy, Oct 4, 2008.

1. That Guy

That Guy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    so I'm having some battery problems with my 1st gen touch and I'm thinking about taking it into apple and seeing if they will replace it with a second gen. Or will they just give me a new 1st gen? I bought the apple care for the extra bucks I feel like I'm entitled to SOMETHING right? lol
  2. Thao

Thao New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Maybe the 34th thread about this subject will have a different answer than the other 33...

When it comes down to it, none of us know. The store you deal with may be full of assholes, may be full of overly-nice support people. Or somewhere in between. I don't see why people bother asking here rather than just phoning the store. What harm does it do to make a phone call? Because in the end, that's all that matters. Our thoughts don't mean anything.

Now that you've heard my rant, I might as well try to answer this question. First, you need to define "Battery Issues". If it's one of these "Oh noes I have mai brightness at 100% and use Push and WiFi all teh timez and it diesss OMGZ" then you should obviously know what I'm thinking. If it is a legitimate problem, chances are they will have a sexy refurbished 1G for you to take them. They have no obligation to give you a newer product, simply replace your iPod with an equal iPod.
  3. makaveldon04i

makaveldon04i New Member

you get a refurbed 1g..end of story...and btw they test your battery with machines @ the store,so it better be a real case..i replaced mine last night due to the battery dying, and got a refurbed 1g..stop trying to get a 2g,won't happen dude
  4. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Until they run out of 1G refurbished iPod touches, you're not gonna get a 2G.
  5. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

Go to Apple and find out.
  6. makaveldon04i

makaveldon04i New Member

which'll be at least 2 years