Can I get 2.0 legally and jailbreak?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Xandu, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Xandu

Xandu New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Well can I? Even though 2.1 is out?

If I can, how?

Thanks,
    Xandu.
  2. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Actually, I'm not sure...
    That's an interesting question. You could buy 2.1, and then find a download for 2.0 because technically you've bought it (albeit an upgraded version).

But I'm not sure about that, and I don't think Apple support you getting older versions of their firmware from them.
  3. Xandu

Xandu New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Well no I was referring to the FREE legally version, because the illegal ones are crash-ful and full of bugs.
    I've seen this (iTunes that doesn't know your iPod) exploit but, does it work now? And can I jailbreak then?
  4. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Erm, unless you buy 2.X then anything else is illegal...
  5. elzzigB

elzzigB Banned

You can't buy 2.0 unless you search through Apple's documents and find the phobos for the download. After that, it should be pretty simplistic on how to get it. If not, you can just ask someone who has downlaoded the firmware and do a restore so it goes over the DRM that iTunes put inside the download.
  6. Xandu

Xandu New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Ok when I do get it (by any means necessary), what tools do I use for jailbreak? I tried WinPWN for 2.0 before and it was really buggy (the firmware).
  7. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

1) Buy 2.1

2) Download 2.0.2

3) Follow sticky
  8. Storm Surge

Storm Surge New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    that wouldn't help him he is asking for a 2.0 firmware downloaded straight from apple by this method he should just download 2.0.2 and skip buying 2.1 since it serves no purpose.
  9. Xandu

Xandu New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Okay I got the 2.0 restore file, which should I use? WinPWN or QuickPWN for better/less bugs?
  10. stewart262

stewart262 New Member

where did you download your 2.0? cause im doing the same thing as you are. I have 2.0.2 firmware i paid for and i used winpwn 2.5 to jailbreak it. but all i got was cydia and installer 4.0 which both suck because they're new. so im downgrading to 2.0 firmware and gonna try winpwn 2.0.0.2 or whatever it is. To get my 2.0 firmware i used upload.com i thin? do you know how you supposed to know if the firmware you download is buggy? ITs notgoing to permanently ruin my ipod will it?