Can I exchange my iPod because of this?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Hunid Racks, Nov 3, 2007.

1. Hunid Racks

Hunid Racks New Member

Ok not sure if this is a stupid question because this is pertaining to the actual apple retail walk-in store that I bought my touch from. My touch seems to have contrast issues, the darks look really messed up and the screen looks overly contrasted especially when watching video. And on top of that I have 10+ dead pixels on it, small multicolored ones, not the bold white kind tho. I bought it 3 days ago, I have a receipt, will I have trouble at the apple store? I heard it's hard to return things to their stores.
  2. Kurokaze

Kurokaze New Member

the minimum dead pixels is 5 so you should be able to.
    like any customer service, be polite yet adamant about your return.
    don't be a red state american and start making a scene.
    if they're not sure about the contrast issue, compare it to the iphones they have on display.
  3. Hunid Racks

Hunid Racks New Member

I did it! At first I was worried because their "non-genius" guy who I talked to said that I need to make an appointment with a techhie and discuss the Pixel/constrast issue. So i said ok whatever, had to wait 2 hrs, but in that time I went to sell some stuff and got 160$ for

Please Register or Log in to view images

. So I get there on time, I had to wait half an hour and was thinking that I don't even know why I'm sitting here no techhie can fix dead pixels. And the entire time I was watching this really nice guy helping a girl and the whole time I was like oh god please let me get this guy and not the others. I got him! Score! Within 30 seconds I explained to him and he's like oh for sure let's exchange it! And since I had my extra 160$ I decided to buy the 16GB this time

Please Register or Log in to view images

SWEET!
  4. TSOnTheDrums8892

TSOnTheDrums8892 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Nice, I guess it REALLY turned for the better.
  5. Hunid Racks

Hunid Racks New Member

yeah I guess I got lucky cuz I heard that returning big purchases to apple stores is a hassle cuz they try and do whatever they can to "fix" it so they won't have to exchange it.
  6. ayuzer

ayuzer New Member

i bought it at futureshop, 30 day return policy, satisfaction guaranteed or you can just return it if you dont like it