Can I do this with FW 2.2.1?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by sodalis, Jun 7, 2009.

1. sodalis

sodalis New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hello everybody,

this is my first posting here and I hope that you can help me out.

I own an Ipod of the first generation and i have recently updated it to FW 2.2.1.

Unfortunately i do not really experience any advantages for many of my favourite applications have vanished or are no longer available for free use.

I have already installed all available sources through Cydia but still cannot find what I am looking for.

For example I need the following applications:
    1) something like vnsea

2) pockettouch but not with the Apple pre-installed music player (currently i use Pwn-Player which can not interact with pockettouch)

3) i would like to playback videos and photos with an alternative to the pre installed applications but I have experienced a lot of problems with finding and playback of the copied files in programs like mplayer or vlc

4) a free and comprehensive dictionary like the OALD (WeDict cannot be installed as i dont want an appstore account)

Finally I would like to play some classic games like go and maybe some card games like poker or black jack.

I know that it is actually my work to find these tools but I keep on stumbling on quotes stating that having the latest FW might not always be the best choice.

So my question is if anybody knows applications/games which meet the mentioned requirements under FW 2.2.1 or if i should make a downgrade?

Thank you very much
    sds
  2. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Just a quick question....

Why don't you want an iTunes account?
    You can register without entering a credit card.
  3. sodalis

sodalis New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    That is just because I dont want to support Apple in that way as I think that software should be available for free without any registrations.