Can I buy Jan apps and still jail break???

Discussion in 'iPod touch January App Pack (iPhone Apps)' started by tusalen, Mar 2, 2008.

1. tusalen

tusalen New Member

I've had soooo much trouble with the mail app, that I'm tempted to fork out the $20 to get the thing to work.

I've posted a couple of times and no one can give me a solution, so I guess no solution is available

Soooo. can I buy the Jan App's and still jailbreak my itouch and have the other app's for free?

If so, what jailbreak method and firmware do you suggest.

My mail issue is Cannot connect using ssl
  2. kingslaye505

kingslaye505 New Member

The short answer is yes. I haven't seen your other questions on mail problems, but I have had my share of them as well. It most likely won't solve your problem. All paying 20 $ will do is give you a config file that makes that applications accesible. That is what geting the apps for free does. Try a couple of things first:
    -Delete and re-add your account
    -Make sure your account is IMAP compatible
    -Reinstall the applications
    -Restart your iPod
    -Restore your iPod
    Those are just some general things. Post your questions and I might be able to help more
  3. P0150N0U5 F15)-(

P0150N0U5 F15)-( Banned

The accounts can also be POP, not just IMAP.
  4. micky13

micky13 Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    if ur going to jailbreak, why not just use the "applerepo.com" source to get them 4 free?
  5. mikesgroove

mikesgroove New Member

You can absolutely jailbreak and use your paid Jan-App pack. As soon as you sync you touch with your itunes library, the apps are there. I feel like the legit, paid-for apps work much better, at least in my experience. I understand the desire for free sh*t, but I'll easily pay a little bit of loot for more functionality
  6. RIptide775

RIptide775 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    So let me get this straight. I have paid for the jan update and I want to jailbreak but if i jailbreak will i still have the update w/ the wiggly icons? also if i want to restore my ipod and "unjailbreak" my ipod, will i still be able to keep my purchased app pack?
  7. timmychan

timmychan Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yes, just use the same computer and sync with itunes
  8. chort27

chort27 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yes. You buy the jan update, then use ZiPhone 2.6b making sure to hit the IPOD button, and you will still have have wiggly icons and jan update.

Yup, just make sure you use the same iTunes account, when you plug in your iPod it will resynch with your m usic.