Can I buy a Iphone at apple.com w/out at&t contract?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by salsa88, Mar 28, 2008.

1. salsa88

salsa88 New Member

Can I buy a iphone from apple.com w/out getting a plan with at&t?
    At apple.com you can buy the iphone w/out signing up for at&t. they ship it out and you activate what plan you want via itunes. My question is if i buy the iphone would i be able to unlock it for T-mobile with out activating it with at&t? they have refurbished iphone at a great price and would really be interested in buying one and unlocking it for T-mobile.
    Thanks,
  2. bodi_dillon

bodi_dillon New Member

u could probably do this. but as soon as u get the iphone instead of choosing a contract with at&t just unlock it with ziphone or another prgram that unlocks them
  3. salsa88

salsa88 New Member

thats what i was thinking of doing. some guy told me the phone will only show a connect to itunes till you activate it with itunes. idk if thats true. the referb iphones are $299+$24 tax for a 8gb. I'll do it if i can just ziphone it out of the box
  4. pablowx

pablowx New Member

dont do ziphone it downgrades the bl to 3.9 permanently but liberty+ doesnt and it downgrades to a fake 3.9 bl so that its reversible and you can update the bl at another time
  5. computer_geek_19

computer_geek_19 New Member

true, use liberty+ or something similar, in case you weren't aware Apple will be able to tell if you hacked your iphone if you used ziphone because the BL is suppost to be 4.6 on newer iphones, not 3.9 so they won't repair your iphone and goodbye to warranty
  6. Raist3001

Raist3001 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    I used Ziphone to unlock my iPhone before I knew of Iliberty. Is there a way to restore my boot loader?
  7. albert_$n

albert_$n New Member

yeah you can buy on there