Can Bookmarks be grouped into Folders?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mauibob, Aug 20, 2008.

1. mauibob

mauibob New Member

I've had the iTouch about 2 weeks, read the manual completely (and searched for relevant info in this forum), and tried over and over to move individual saved "Bookmarks" into an empty "Folder" (self created)...but fail every time.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I assume that since Folders can be created and labeled, that they have a purpose: Aren't they intended to contain multiple, saved Bookmarks?

Please Register or Log in to view images

Every attempt I make to drag a Bookmark into a Folder just results in my Bookmark landing either above or below the desired Folder.

Please describe (in full, painfully clear detail) how to group Bookmarks into Folders. I am prepared to be totally embarrassed by a totally simple explanation...

Thanx.
  2. Baker5

Baker5 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    ive wondered this too hopefully someone has an answer
  3. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

Yes...there is a way

first, go to bookmarks (the little book icon in safari). from there press edit,on the bottom there will be a new folder button. click on it and name your folder. then find the url you would like to bookmark and in the "add bookmark" page change the destination folder from bookmarks (default) to your created folder. press save. when you're done , open the folder and your saved bookmarks will be in the new folder.

(note: previously saved bookmarks can be added to that folder.)
  4. mauibob

mauibob New Member

A tremendous load of sincere thanks to Fear for your excellent tutorial. You 'da Man! I thought that the best part was your last line, where you pointed out how I could move previously saved Bookmarks to specific Folders.

I am in awe of how you figured out the Folder storage process; BAD scores to the Apple iTouch manual writers for not even alluding to this feature. I was sure that with all of the other ENDLESS great features of the Touch interface that there had to be a way...

Thanks to you, I have now created and filled about 6 Folders, and know that I will be creating lots more in the future. I only hope I can pass on some useful iTouch knowledge to someone else in the future! I am also super impressed with how active this Fans Forum is; the apparent high volume of members must be why I got such a quick reply to my question.

Mauibob
  5. bimple

bimple New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    so this isnt an actual folder that exists on your desktop is it? it's just a folder inside of the bookmarks listing?
  6. Kim2WA

Kim2WA New Member

Thank you so much, I have been trying
    to figure this out for weeks.