Can apps slow down iPod touch?

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by RedScare, Sep 29, 2008.

1. RedScare

RedScare New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Pretty much what the title says, I was just wondering that since all apps on a non-jailbroken iPod must exit when not in use (no background processes) can an app really slow down the entire iPod? It seems that a number of reviews for different applications state this fact to be true, yet to me it does not make logical sense.
  2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    My iPod has never been slow and I'm unjailbroken and have 70+ apps.
  3. RedScare

RedScare New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    That's good news, but I was wondering if a slowdown was theoretically possible through a poorly coded or corrupted app. Thanks for the prompt reply.
  4. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Apple checks the App. And per the SDK Rules, they're not allowed to run in the Background. So I don't see how it could slow down your device.
  5. Aprosamurai

Aprosamurai Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    maybe it can slowdown the processor hasnt happened to me before but maybe
  6. Bazuny

Bazuny New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    On mine after i use a few apps, Things such as videos and music will load slowly untill i close things like all safari windows also if you have music playing it could slow it down a bit
  7. RedScare

RedScare New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well this is all very positive, but if I could point you to a specific application, the new york times application has a number of negative reviews based on its effect on the speed of the device, so if someone could take a look at those? Because those reviews are the ones stopping me from getting the application.
  8. berky93

berky93 New Member

well if you leave an application running (by not fully quitting by holding the home button for 6 seconds) it can slow your device down but only the built in apps and jailbreak apps can do that. app store apps have to completely close when you close them, because of sdk rules.