can apple tell if your ipod has ever been jailbroken before even after restoring it?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mitch90, Jun 12, 2008.

1. mitch90

mitch90 New Member

if you restore your ipod before you take it to apple can they find out in any way that your ipod has been tampered with before?
  2. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    No, because it will have the factory software installed on it with no trace of a jailbreak.
  3. x6blues

x6blues New Member

No.

A restore gets the iPod back to factory default settings, so any trace of a jailbreak is gone.
  4. ElectricMan5

ElectricMan5 New Member

No, they cannot. Restoring deletes every file on the iPod or iPhone and installs the newest ones from Apple. They only find out if you tell them, which I made the mistake of doing, so they refused to help me, even when i was in their store and I waited 3 days for the Genius Bar to open!!! #$%&!!!!
  5. TheDuke1122

TheDuke1122 New Member

Not a chance
  6. The Baydestrian

The Baydestrian Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    well said

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. flattop95

flattop95 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    only if you unlocked an iphone with ziphone and it is a newer one
  8. TSOnTheDrums8892

TSOnTheDrums8892 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Technically, they say it takes about 3 full wipes to clear all data so...

But i doubt Apple would take the time to recover the jailbreak files (even though it really wouldnt be THAT hard to do).
  9. mitch90

mitch90 New Member

so pretty much theres no reason for me not to jail break my touch? lol..i just opened it right now but i was thinking of testing it for a few days first to see if theres any defects with it like dead pixels or something.

right after i synced like 969 songs it became really hot tho..is this a defect or normal? and then it kept getting hot then not so much then hot again while it was charging...this normal? sorry new to the touch
  10. sunnyboi14

sunnyboi14 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    No worries! Go ahead and Jailbreak your iPod Touch. Just be careful. Be sure what you put on your iPod is safe, or you might end up restoring. Restoring can fix your iPod, but its painful. Especially after you have a lot of songs on it. For instance, 969 songs. And about the heat thing. If it gets really really hot, restore your iPod back to its non-jailbroken state, and then bring it in to Apple. See what they can do. Make sure to bring it in when its hot, otherwise they might not be able to do anything for you. Hope this helps!

P.S. Install my repository inside Installer once your there. When you click Installer, click on sources, then edit, then add. Then type in "myinstallerrepo.googlepages.com/repo.xml". I will be adding a getting started part for people when they have just first jailbroken and do not know what sort of applications to install. Again, hope this helps.