Can anyone walk me through Jailbreaking?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mrsstraty, Mar 12, 2009.

1. mrsstraty

mrsstraty New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    From my last post you all can see we had a bad experience with jailbreaking. Well we restored, after 2 FULL days and nights back to factory settings, with the help of many of you. Well now that my son has FULLY explained jailbreaking to me, I have agreed to jailbreak it for him! I just don't want him to do it and I want help step by step! Anyone out there wanna take me on?

Thanks!

MrsStraty
    The mom who says LOL!!!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

P.S. will he be able to get free apps with jailbreaking?
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    If you mean steal then we can't help you, if you mean the ones that are free in the App Store yes. I would hold off a few days and let someone finalize a method that will be a little easier.
  3. Tyeo098

Tyeo098 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Use quickfreedom

Thats what I used, no problems at all.
  4. mrsstraty

mrsstraty New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok we will wait. Any idea when it will be out and what it is called?
  5. andrew!

andrew! New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It will be called QuickPwn, this is an application that quickly and automatically jailbreaks your iPod touch. There isnt currently a iPod Touch 2G version yet but it should be coming out pretty soon. If he gets anxious just use QuickFreedom.
    The only thing with that one is you have to install LibUSB. If youre on Vista 32bit then you will have to run it in Windows XP Compatibility Mode (service pack 2) and as Admin. If you have Vista 64bit then you will have to use the Vista 64bit LibUSB guide. Sorry but I dont have a link for you...

Please Register or Log in to view images

If you dont follow the correct instructions that is needed to install LibUSB then youre computer's USB ports will be not work. A simple restore would be needed in order for them to work again and if the keyboard and mouse do not work (if theyre USB that is. PS/2 is the purple and green colored plugs) then you would need to use a Vista install DVD to do a restore. I hope this came as informative to you. And good luck with the jailbreaking.
  6. Wrathchild

Wrathchild Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I don't really see the need for any other software. Quickfreedom is an excellent program and easy to use. Just remember to uninstall lilbusb after you finished jailbreaking.