Can ANYONE play fairplay drm'ed music on 1.1.3?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by RadicalxEdward, Jan 29, 2008.

?

Can you play drm'ed files in 1.1.3?

1. Yes!

67.9%
  2. Nope!

32.1%
  1. RadicalxEdward

RadicalxEdward New Member

So far no one using any method has confirmed working iTunes music, movies or videos on jb'ed 1.1.3.

Can you play drm'd stuff on your iPod, this is the one thing making me seriously consider going back to 1.1.1

If you can play drm'ed stuff please post a LINK to the method you used.
  2. Gottaa

Gottaa New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    After messing around with 1.1.3 and being unhappy with things I went back to a JB 1.1.1, then back up to 1.1.2, someone at work was then asking about the wiggling icons (what is it about jiggling icons ?)

So I upgraded to 1.1.3 JB using a method that was stickied here (but already isn't now, these stickies change quick, here is a clip from the top of the README file though:

"iPhone 1.1.3 "Soft" Jailbreak
    Brought to you by planetbeing, NerveGas, ghost_000, dinopio, bgm, MuscleNerd,
    core, and the iPhone-Elite and iPhone/iTouch Dev teams."

The process was very simple, run a batch file, put in the IP of the iPod (it needed Wifi) and left it for about 25 minutes.

To show him wiggle in action and without thinking about it then put it on shuffle to work too, and had a double take when I realised it was playing one of the song from an album I'd brought on iTunes a few weeks ago, so I checked and all my DRM'd stuff worked, only one music video though but that also worked.

My best advice though if you have JB 1.1.1 or JB 1.1.2 with DRM stuff is to simply wait, things still seem to change here almost hourly so don't go rushing in, what works for some, doesn't work for others, and many seem to need little "tweaks" after to get them working fully. Both times I've installed 1.1.3 I've been left with icons I can't see for stuff that is installed on installer, easy enough to uninstall and re-install but a pain and an issue I imagine that will be fixed.

As far as I'm concerned I'm happy all is working but this weekend I'm gonna go back to 1.1.1, back up to 1.1.2 and sit there until I'm 100% happy, I've just got to make sure all the people that want to see "wiggle" see it before I go back.
  3. RadicalxEdward

I was happy with 1.1.1 ( i learned my lesson about upgrading too quick from the psp back in the day) and simply went to 1.1.3 for jiggly icons and web clips. lol. I knew 1.1.3 would be compatible with apples SDK (so far as anyone really knows) as well so i figured it would be a good one to go to, so after 6 hours of 1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.3 repeat, i got it to work EXCEPT for the iTunes stuff. and there's no easy way to figure out which stuff is iTunes and which isnt cause i've moved from so many computers and stuff.
  4. TouchyFish

TouchyFish New Member

5. orkus

orkus New Member

Did the Dev Teams Soft jailbreak. Started over with a clean restore all the way from 1.1.1.
    Now DRM works for me on 1.1.3 jb.
  6. darc10222

darc10222 Banned

I used the Dev Teams version. I haven't bought any music but I did buy a music video which works fine.
  7. RadicalxEdward

8. MaTiCeK

MaTiCeK New Member

I can play flawlessly. But can't sync music bought on ipod back to itunes without repairing permissions every sync.
  9. synagence

synagence New Member

I used the ipodtouchmaster JB + apps in 1 version .... no problems with DRM ... just battery life