Can anyone help this newbie on a few things please?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kopite 7, Dec 24, 2007.

1. kopite 7

kopite 7 New Member

I bought myself an ipod touch 16GB for Christmas along with £100 of itune vouchers. I have not taken the ipod out of the box yet as want to wait for Christmas.

If I purchase a single from an album do I get the single cover or album cover?

Does it take long to get my purchases on to my ipod? I have a wireless router so I can purchase them straight from the ipod if that helps.

How do I use the vouchers, do I have to create an account first then click on redeem?

If I download singles and then play them will the ipod finish once a singe has been played or does it play the next song on the touch screen and can I create my own order I want the songs played in?

If I download a song for a video and then download the album will I have the same song twice? Also if I download 2 songs then decide to buy the album does it mean I get the album and two songs twice?

I have never bought an mp3 so dont know much about them. Sorry for so many questiouns.
  2. GeorgeGabriel

GeorgeGabriel New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)

Hope this helps.
  3. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  4. kopite 7

kopite 7 New Member

Thank you that helps a lot. Good point about me not buying the same songs I purchased already on an album as it saves me a bit of memory and money.
    Shame that if I download singles the ipod stops playing once the current singe has finished because I work in a warehouse and I wanted one continuoues play.
    I dont think I will bother trying to jailbreak my ipod as I have all the next gen consoles so want need to play games, have a sat nav so dont really need maps.

Is there anything else I need to know? I bought myself the Sennheiser CX300 headphones as I heard the ones you get with the ipod are not very good. My ipod touch is a week 48 with John Lennon on the front so I hope it will be ok.
  5. GeorgeGabriel

GeorgeGabriel New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Do you just want the same song to play over and over again?
    if so, just put repeat on!
  6. kopite 7

kopite 7 New Member

I dont have any songs on my pc and there a few singles I want but not the album, was hoping I could somehow choose 20 or so songs mixed of singles and albums choose the ones I wanted to play and not having to return to the ipod.
    Thanks for your quick helpfull replies I appreciate it. I am in UK and looking to buy a few vidoes, singles, albums and a couple of audio books.

I am quite excited feel like a little kid

Please Register or Log in to view images

Is it possible to connect the itouch to my amp via optical cable maybe with a docking station? Can I record from my sky HD box and transfer it to the itouch? I love my gadgets but never been intrested in mp3 untill I saw the itouch and I just fell in love with its looks.
  7. kopite 7

kopite 7 New Member

I take it once I have created an account via the pc i can sign in on my itouch and download the songs straight from that or should I download them to pc then send them to itouch? I dont know how to send from pc to itouch

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    iTunes will handle it for you - you can buy on your iPod Touch, and they'll transfer to your PC or you can buy on your PC and sync them to your iPod Touch...