Can anyone help please?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Jrad044, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Jrad044

Jrad044 New Member

Right, so i was on 2.1 last night - have been for a long time.. but after getting a bit bored of my boot logo decided to change it with logome - shortly after which it killed the ipod (the whole not booting..image is a black screen thing)

Seeing as 2.2 is out i decided to just restore and update to 2.2 then JB it. Everything was fine and it worked like normal, until i synced with iTunes. Something seems to have gone really wrong somewhere because i am now getting a message saying about 32 songs can't be synced because they cannot be found and over 50 apps cannot be synced, as they also cannot be found.

I have all the IPA's for the apps - removing them and adding them again isn't working, same as the songs.

Does anyone know why it has just made every app not work and refuse to sync? on 2.1 it also kept giving a message saying the iPod could not be backed up because it disconnected every time it finished the sync, maybe that made something happen?
  2. 03199618

03199618 New Member

reinstall itunes
    but wait if somebody has got an better idea
  3. SumDaii

SumDaii Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    but iTunes would delee all of the apps on it then wont it?

and i see u r a fan of NCIS

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Jrad044

Jrad044 New Member

Alright , thanks - ill wait a bit before the reinstall iTunes thing though incase another idea comes up
  5. Jayy17

Jayy17 New Member

if you dont keep your music in a different place than the itunes folder (ie an ext hard drive)
    try replacing it with a time machine backup (or something similar if your running windows)
    if not, try renaming the itunes folder then boot up itunes and drag your IPAs and music into your new library
    and if ALL that doesn't work, than try reinstalling

hope that helps
  6. Jrad044

Jrad044 New Member

I found out what it was in the end, i had to install some source that changes permissions to allow you to add IPA's - it patched something somewhere not sure what exactly.

Thanks for everyones replies though
  7. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

8. eddychay23

eddychay23 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Actually u jus hav to install the mobileinstallation patch for ur ipa files to work.