Can anyone help! My iPod is frozen.

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by Snowman01, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Snowman01

Snowman01 New Member

i was trying to restore it to 1.1.1. i went through the steps by hooking it up to my computer and opening itunes. I helpd the power and home button blah, blah, blah. Basically I did all that and now my iPod is stuck at a screen with the apple logo and the rotating circle. That's all it shows. It's not showing up on iTunes now either. Please tell me I didn't screw it up! How can i fix this?!?!?!

All help is appreciated!!!

EDIT: I fixed that but it isn't showing u on itunes at all! Is there anyway to get iTunes to recognize it? If it matters I haven't jailbroken it yet! Please someone help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. deveelx

deveelx New Member

Is your ipod istill stuck right now?

Try plugin it baxk and fort to ur computer. If iTunes won't still recognize your ipod and still stuck at the apple logo, try force restoring your iPod again. To do that, press and hold the wake/sleep (top) button and home button for 5-10 seconds, then let go off the top button only. itunes should detect your iPod in recovery mode. Click ok and hit restore. Restore it to 1.1.3 then downgrade it afterwards to 1.1.1. Your iPod must connected to ur computer while doing a force restore.

Hope this helps.
  3. Damian1221

Damian1221 New Member

try holding down the sleep and home button again for 10 seconds then releasing the home button after 10 seconds to put it into recovery mode then it might recognize it so you can restore
  4. jaxjags

jaxjags Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    mine is frozen also, it stays at the apple logo when i turn it on, and it wont let me go into restore mode
  5. graham_1600

graham_1600 New Member

Ipod touch Froozen i need helllp!!!!

so this is whats goin on with mine when i plug it into the computer i tunes recinizes it and its just froozen on the apple thing with the loading circle and making a weird noise every 20 seconds and i cant restor it.. when i click restor it says "there was a problem downloading the software for the i pod "how can i fix this plzz help me
    plz tell me if i can fix this
  6. breakkdown

breakkdown Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    try forcing it into DFU mode with an application like ziphone

BTW.

You should win something for still being on 1.1.1!!
  7. jkm130

jkm130 New Member

8. technophile410

technophile410 New Member

9. Dashoo

Dashoo New Member

I had the same problem with this. My FW is at 2.2.1 if that makes any difference. Most of the advice here worked with one minor change. When holding the home and sleep/wake button to reset and power off my iPod Touch, I had to let go of the sleep/wake button (top) before the apple logo appeared.

Here's my steps so you don't have to recreate them:

1) Open iTunes
    2) Connect iPod Touch
    3) Hold sleep/wake and home buttons together for 10 sec
    4) When screen goes black, release sleep/wake, retaining deathgrip on home button.
    5) Keep holding home for 15 to 20 seconds (seemed like an hour)
    6) Windows (Vista 64) claimed it was installing device drivers
    7) iTunes said it found an iPod that was in recovery mode.

The rest should work itself out from here.

Hope this helps where the rest of this post did not.