CAN ANYONE FIX THIS?? iPoD touch 2g brick

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Ultimahero1, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Ultimahero1

Ultimahero1 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok, so i have a ipod touch 2g jailbroken with the 2.21 firmware and one day i download logome and choose a picture as my new boot logo then my device turns off and doesnt turn on. I then paniced so i put it in my computer and it was not recognised so i put it in dfu mode and then i ran decovery(semi tethered jailbreak boot) the screen turned white black and then white and stayed white so i paniced again and tried recovering it with itunes to 2.21 and then i turned it on after the restore and i got a usb cable pointing to itunes symbol. and it would turn off and just go back to that.. so i then paniced once again and put in dfu mode and ran decovery once again and this time it went black so i put my ipod in dfu mode and tried restoring with the old semit ethered custom firmware it turns on thank god but now i cant take it out of semitethered jailbreak stage i cant upgrade to normal 3.0 becasue when i try all i get is that recovery logo thing so can any1 help please my email is dillon1193@gmail.com

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Hellishness

Hellishness Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    sorry, but this should be in the second gen forum. and i really cant help you.
  3. iptman

iptman Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    With the recovery logo up shift+click and select the 2.2.1 firmware it will restore and then you can upgrade to 3.0
  4. Ultimahero1

Ultimahero1 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I tried to resotre it to 2.2.1 but once the resotre is complete and the apple boot is coming it just goes back into recovery logo.
  5. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Please post in the correct section next time. Next time, when asking for help, please make sure people can read it easier. Use correct grammar and punctuation. It's so much easier to help when you understand the problem.

I see you ran LogoMe, and it seemed to mess up your iPod because of the Logo you used. Since you tried doing so many things, I would just DFU Restore. That would be the easiest way to get your iPod working again.

Make sure you restore to a clean firmware, and set up as a new iPod. Don't restore from backup.
  6. Ultimahero1

Ultimahero1 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ya sorry about that but i have tried that but all i get is the recovery logo also i noticed it is not the normal recovery logo it is the usb cable pointing to itunes not the part going into the ipod pointing at itunes