can anyone answer me this please?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by CobraKai84, Feb 21, 2008.

1. CobraKai84

CobraKai84 New Member

Why is it that everytime i try to download the iphone 1.1.1 apps it says package failed cannot find the host??????
  2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    The repository (applerepo.com) is down.
  3. CobraKai84

CobraKai84 New Member

ahhhhhh that explanins it

is there any other way i can get the apps? like through win scp
  4. HotBrownies

HotBrownies New Member

you can manually install them from another thread, not sure about any sources that work right now.
  5. jwinters78

jwinters78 New Member

reposted from another thread I just replied to:
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34318&page=8

i had this VERY FRUSTRATING problem... heres what I did:

1. restore iPod to 1.1.1, when it reboots -- DISCONNECT IT FROM YOUR COMPUTER (and make sure automatic sync is OFF)
    2. Open Safari on your iPoT --> jailbreakme.com (wait for it to install and take you to unlock screen)
    3. Enter the new installer on your screen, let it load the directory (and click thru the pop-ups)
    4. Click 'install' (2nd from the left at the bottom) --> scroll down to 'sources' folder in the list --> click 'Community Sources', and install.
    5. Once that is finished, I found A SUCCESSFUL OkToPrep install in the directory with all the other installs.
    6. Reconnect iPod to the computer, and upgrade (NOT RESTORE) to 1.1.2
    7. Jailbreak according to all the other instructions with the 1.1.2 jailbreak files (the one with the .jar file)
    8. You now have a 1.1.2 jailbroken iPod Touch fully ready to upgrade to a jailbroken 1.1.3 (I used ipodtouchmaster.com -- took just over an hour to install... but in the end I went from jb1.1.2 to FULL APPS jb1.1.3 with very easy steps.)

I didn't isolate the variables to know whether success was determined by disconnecting iPod before jailbreakme.com, turning off sync, or going directly to community sources first off (without adding a failed file to the top of the queue). At any rate, I spent countless hours trying to get this to work, and what I wrote above is exactly how I got it to work.

All I can say is that it is SO worth the work. It is a truly amazing little gadget. I only wish it had a vibrate option or ringer to set up alarms on iCal. Oh well...
  6. CobraKai84

CobraKai84 New Member

k i currently have 1.1.1 i dont want to upgrade all i want is to put the apps in ein scp is that possible?
  7. jwinters78

jwinters78 New Member

to be very honest, i have no clue. I read somewhere that the download error is caused by a f*ed file in your download queue and that clearing your queue may solve the problem. I don't have any experience with this... just reporting something I read.

What I CAN report is that once I went right to loading the community sources, 100% of my installs were as smooth as I could have hoped for.

I would recommend restoring your iPod to a fresh 1.1.1, disconnect it from your computer (in case iTunes syncs up some bad files messing up your install), and THEN go to Jailbreakme.com... then into your installer (still disconnected from computer) to try installing.

That's all I have for you... Let us know how you make out.
    goodluck.
  8. HotBrownies

HotBrownies New Member

9. CobraKai84

CobraKai84 New Member