Can anyone add Customize or SMB Prefs???

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Application Compatibility' started by baberuth999, Jan 27, 2008.

1. baberuth999

baberuth999 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch

Please Register or Log in to view images

I really want Customize and SMB Prefs that work and aren't fakes
    Also put the instructions in English (I'm new to the hacker stuff)
  2. RedBooster

RedBooster New Member

And extract from the post: "MOTHER OF ALL iBRICKR THREADS *Noob Guide*" by iatelitlebabie http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29973

"GETTING SUMMERBOARD AND CUSTOMIZE

You can do this two ways

ONE WAY:
    Since you already have iPhonelist open lets put it to work again. Its just as fast as Cuteftp or Putty. Navigate to /System/Library/CoreServices/ and theres a file called SystemVersion.plist Open it with a text editor and change the version number at the bottom to 1.1.2. and save it. Then make sure you got the new file that says your version is 1.1.2 and go into Installer and install Summerboard and Customize as usual. Its only changing the icons. No wallpapers yet. No word yet on when or if its being worked on. Customize works for the most part too, just play around with it. BUT be patient, I'm sure updated apps are coming.

ANOTHER WAY:
    Goto into installer and install: mobilefinder & mobiletextedit
    Go into mobilefinder and goto settings and make sure:
    Show Hidden Files is ON
    Show ".." Entry is ON
    Executable Launch is ON
    System File Access is ON

Then touch Finder again and click the ".." at the top til it wont go up anymore.
    then browse to /System/Library/CoreServices/ in there you should see a file named SystemVersion.plist. Touch it, i know you want to. It should open with mobiletextedit...
    at the bottom you should see the 1.1.3 change it to 1.1.2 and then touch save and then the home button and go back into installer and Install Customize and Summerboard as usual.

Now you can change the No Service up in the top left with customize if you goto Springboard strings."

I did the second way, worked perfectly involved NO computer. Switched to 1.1.2 installed SMB and Customize, went right back to 1.1.3.

Please, please someone make an official SMB and Customize installing on 1.1.3 topic, its killing the forum.