Can any of these be modded ?

Discussion in 'iPod touch VoIP and Telephony' started by IsaacOwnsYouuu, Jan 5, 2008.

1. IsaacOwnsYouuu

IsaacOwnsYouuu New Member

2. marino

marino New Member

3. SkaterGOD/DOOD23

SkaterGOD/DOOD23 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Marino, keep in mind that he asked if they could be modded. Right of the bat you can tell they will not work as they are, but perhaps if he or someone modified them, then maybe they could work. Pay attention to the context in the future please

Please Register or Log in to view images

Skater
  4. IsaacOwnsYouuu

IsaacOwnsYouuu New Member

they are probobly very similar to the ivoice 3 (which is 50 dollars opposed to these 5 dollar ones) maybe i will buy a few and play around with them

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. marino

marino New Member

Check out this link http://community.spreed.com/forum/en/topic.php?id=29&page
    You are talking about modding a 3.5 mm plug to fit the dock connector pin nr 30.
    Yes, unless you are a hardware engineer you can mod it.
    The problem is not the headset but the dock connector.
    Good luck!
  6. markymarkdotcom

markymarkdotcom New Member

How sick is that flip phone mouse though?

AWESOME!
  7. SkaterGOD/DOOD23

SkaterGOD/DOOD23 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    How do you know he isn't a hardware engineer? Or he could just bring it to a hardware engineer... Or his dad is a hardware engineer, or his friend, etc. SEE, it could be modded if he really WANTED to mod it.
  8. iamnohero

iamnohero New Member

as an hardware engineer.. the links he showed have all just regular audio jack connectors. If you mean by 'modding' adding an external -hardware- amplifier and a ipod dock connector you're correct and it can be modded. but that it actually what the guys from touchmod did (except they use an internal mic instead of an audiojack+external mic), and i will take more work and time than just soldering the touchmod mic, or the walmart alternative
    so in my opinion you can't 'mod' these mics

just my 2 cents
  9. 1337chaos

1337chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    my plan is, when i get my ivoiceIII, im going to mod it to make it work, then buy one of these: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.3757. and plug the green end into the headphone jack, and the pink end into the ivoiceIII's line-in jack. so i can use it with the headset.
  10. HaGGardSmurf

HaGGardSmurf New Member

Its possible, you would need to buy the iVoice or a mic from touchmods.net and just basically solder the line in wire to where the mic is attached... Its a waste of time to buy one of them since you would need to buy an ivoice or a mic from touchmods anyways...

Need some extra cash for that mic for your ipod? Click my sig for easy money!