Campus Wi-Fi

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by JustCallMeCloud, Nov 3, 2008.

1. JustCallMeCloud

JustCallMeCloud New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Okay so I dorm on campus and theres wi-fi everywhere, which is very awesome. I got my ipod touch to work on it wireless and I've been messing around with it for a while. What I've been trying to do is use is the Remote Application on my labtop which is connected wireless with the same username and password. Itunes doesn't detect the ipod and I'm not sure what to do since they are connected to the same network and same username.

I also have another problem which is not related to the first one. Every once in a while when I'm listening to music my music player stops working. The sound just stops working and only for the the music player, I try playing video games and I hear sound, but until I reset my ipod it doesn't play music. If I look at the music player it shows that a song is playing but it is muted for some reason. lol, member I'm pressing mute or something.

Thanks.
  2. ryanlusk

ryanlusk Banned

Open up iTunes prefs and make sure "look for iPod remotes" is checked.
    It should find the remotes then.
  3. Baker5

Baker5 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    plug in ipod and let it sync then open up remote app and click the popup under your device on the left and type in the passcode and boom done

the other thing i dont know about sorry try a restore i guess
  4. JustCallMeCloud

Device:
    2G iPod touch

Please Register or Log in to view images

What popup? I have it synced, I have remote checked. I'm running the remote app and put add library.

Side Note: The word delete was suppose to go over my serial but it moved for some reason.
    Side Note 2: Don't judge my iPwn I was going to name it an iGrope

5. Baker5

Baker5 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    well thats weird it should show up under devices
    do you have bonjur installed
    if not its on the apple store in the downloads section
  6. JustCallMeCloud

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm pretty sure I have it. When I tried installing it, it gave me the option of repair and uninstall.
  7. Spd2Last

Spd2Last Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Campus networks are a b****. At least for me (FIU), i have to login to the network to have decent internet access because if I use the guest account, I can't even read my POP3 email through the mail app. They restrict many ports, and I would not be surprised at all if you can't connect through the iTunes remote. Depending on your network, try logging in completely to try to get the most access a registered user can have. If it doesn't work, get a wireless router and connect it to your dorm's LAN cable. Connect both your computer and your iPod to the router, and you shouldn't have any problems connecting to the remote iTunes.
  8. loaf-

loaf- New Member

Check the IPs of the two also. If they arent the same, it won't work.
  9. JustCallMeCloud

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah, I've login fully. I was thinking of getting a router too, but I didn't want to spend the extra money when there is free wifi through out the campus.

@ Loaf-: Yeah the IPs are different by a little Computer: XXX.XXX.99.185 Ipod: XXX.XXX.105.141

Where the x's are at, its the exact same numbers for both comp and ipod. SO does that mean the remote is impossible to use then.