Camera On Ipod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by alexiit, Jul 7, 2009.

1. alexiit

alexiit Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I know how to ssh into the ipod touch so you can make it display the camera app but if you somehow attatched a replacement iphone camera to the ipod touch would it work?
    Any ideas?
  2. juone95

juone95 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I'm pretty sure this is impossible. I highly doubt that you can attach a spare iPhone camera to an iPod Touch and make it work just like that. You probably would have to change the hardware inside the iPod itself.
  3. alexiit

alexiit Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The os is the same thought isn't it?
  4. juone95

juone95 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Yes the os is the same on both devices, but the iPhone probably has another piece of chip or etc, to make the camera function properly.
  5. pcougar22

pcougar22 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    The camera for iPod Touch is a brilliant idea, PSP did that and you really cannot compare touch vs. PSP when it comes to portability. I carry my iPod literally everywhere with me, I have it on me all day and at night it sits within my reach, playing music or ambient sounds, etc. Should Apple or any other company came up with an idea of how to add a portable dangle style camera for the touch I would buy it no matter how expensive it is. I do have a camera on my phone but it's crappy and I don't like to move pics out of it and put them on the touch. Now with 3.0 I really hope some company will make a camera for the touch, I bet the market would be there for sure!
  6. Wuzz Ranger

Wuzz Ranger New Member

I believe the camera portion is a good idea as well. The iPod Touch is not suppose to resemble the iPhone or any phone for that matter, Apple has made that clear. My statement is this, if you don't want the iPod Touch to look like the iPhone, put a better pixelated camera on the iPod Touch, make it an 8MegaPixel camera instead of the crappy 2 or 3MegaPixel that most standard cell phones have today.
  7. IceBerg

IceBerg New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    You can literally attach anything to the doc port if you write code to talk to the device.
  8. alexiit

alexiit Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It would be good if you could somehow you could retro fit the replacement iphone camera into the ipod touch. Il have a look at the insides of them both now.
  9. ThatiPodGuy

ThatiPodGuy New Member

that would be farking sweet!
  10. Childofgod

Childofgod New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    With the new sdk you can write code to read off the 30pin adapter. So if some one makes a 30pin to micro usb cable or something and writes a app to read it, you can connect to almost any new camera.