Camera is coming to iPod touch Soon AGAIN?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mappy4ever, Sep 10, 2009.

?

iPod touch with Camera will come out in?

1. In October Apple Event?

32 vote(s)
    16.2%
  2. Just before This Christmas!

17 vote(s)
    8.6%
  3. January-Febuary

16 vote(s)
    8.1%
  4. September 2010

94 vote(s)
    47.7%
  5. Never

38 vote(s)
    19.3%
  1. mappy4ever

mappy4ever Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Apple insider reported

"A rare misstep on Apple's part saw the world's tech darling surprise in an unusual way Wednesday, leaving onlookers scratching their heads at changes -- or lack thereof -- to certain members of the iPod family.

For months, the evidence was overwhelming a camera on the fifth-generation iPod nano was as a strong likelihood, while one on the third-generation iPod touch seemed an undeniable certainty.

But as the Cupertino-based firm's "It's Only Rock and Roll" event eased to a close, it was clear things were playing out contrary to expectations. The nano, the most affordable full-function iPod, had landed a video cam while the touch, the flagship of Apple's media player arsenal, had conspicuously not.

In an interview with the New York Times, Apple chief executive Steve Jobs asserts the decision to keep a camera off the touch was financially driven. And while AppleInsider appreciates the company co-founder's play at damage control, it's a tough sell.

Like the nano, people familiar with the matter maintain that initial plans for the new iPod touch called for a camera akin to the iPhone's. Manufacturing tooling was prepped and specifications issued some time ago.

It should be noted that Apple retains an extensive cost analysis team that begins working with an established supply chain and new prospective partners on feature cost feasibility many months -- if not years -- in advance of production.

These assessments are then refined, stitched into preliminary bills of materials, and presented for approval -- sometimes via elaborate Keynote documents -- to roughly two dozen members of electronics maker's top brass.

Apple's new iPod nanos sport a video cam that the new iPod touches do not.

According to those familiar with situation, management gave the green light to equip the latest-gen touches with cams last year. But problems, as AppleInsider reported earlier in the week, began to crop up with the third party camera sensors Apple took receipt of earlier this year.

After several passes through quality assurance were met with less than stellar results in the time leading up to Wednesday's event, an executive decision was made a month ago to pull the cameras from the touches altogether, others familiar with the situation say. This is contrary to reports that suggest the matter unfolded in the final hours.

Nevertheless, Apple reportedly remains committed to delivering camera capabilities on the touch lineup as soon as possible. This update could arrive unexpectedly at existing price points on the 32GB and 64GB models, according to a third person claiming to have been briefed on the matter.

Further details will be published if and when information becomes available
    ."

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/09/09/10/ipod_touch_with_camera_remains_in_apples_pipeline.html

The title is in RED! which means that is a pretty big story and most or all the times whenever i have seen red titles that shows appleinsider is really sure, and alot of times i have seen it come true too...!

By As Soon As possible what my guess is that it might in Macworld October? or whatever the event they do every october, wont they?

Thanks! please comment below what you think!

And dont forget to keep your fingers crossed!

Please Register or Log in to view images

Hope agaiN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UPDATE

The Strange thing though is Apple never call this iPod "iPod touch 3rd Generation".

ALots of proofs...

in headphones compatiblity it says

ALl ipods including iPod Nano (5th Generation) and iPod touch (2nd Generation).

BUT NO MENTION OF 3rd Generation.

IN support technical problems

Its same Story! no 3rd Generation iPod touch mention!

IF people Bullsh*t that its not updated thats a lie! because all new models are there other than iPod touch 3rd Generation..

even nano 5th Gen.

To me those things will be added when one with camera shows up!
    I am assuming apple would call that iPod (3rd Genearaton).
  2. wslysol

wslysol New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Just saw this and I really believe that is what and will happen.
  3. Lord Faucon

Lord Faucon New Member

If they do I'll be pissed, because I just bought the new 32gb touch.
  4. PeedPiper

PeedPiper New Member

That explains also why no one has this piece of ==ap yet! Read my post. Also the Nano can't take still pics. Im sure the IPOD could. Maybe thats the prb . The prb could be with the still pictures part. Obviously they couldn't do it on a Nano. They did mention something about sensors!
  5. 1212345656

1212345656 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    i learn not to hope so much....
  6. PeedPiper

PeedPiper New Member

You might have bought it but when did they say you will have it in your hands? Also if the one with the camera is the same price perhaps you might be able to echange it when it comes in. Did you think about that my fury friend?
  7. Lord Faucon

Lord Faucon New Member

They say (ie FedEx) I will have it in my hands tomorrow. Also I said I will be pissed if it happens, not that I am pissed now. These are only rumors after all. And as we learned yesterday, rumors should rarely if ever be trusted.
  8. mappy4ever

mappy4ever Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    oh! yea when the one with camera comes out! new owners of iPod touch 2.5 (better name) would be so pissed!

Again! there will be a new strike on Apple

Please Register or Log in to view images

!

But more people will become happy though!
  9. vbman213

vbman213 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    If Apple was going to release a iPod Touch with a camera, it would have been at yesterday's event... They wouldn't spend all the money on manufacturing/R&D on an iPod Generation that will only last only a few months. They would be taking a huge hit in the pocket for that...

We will see a camera next year.
  10. Hellishness

Hellishness Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    the evidence for cameras for the ipod was overwhelming and it didn't happen. steve even said that it was a gaming device, and thats why they didn't have a camera. im not very open to believing rumors atm.