Release Camera Icon

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by Germany, Nov 26, 2008.

1. Germany

Germany Banned

Let the thread die. I am opening a new official thread now that I know the basics on icon making. These were mainly experimental and the new thread will be official. Thank you.

Hey everyone. I'm back with another icon. I know my BlackMail icon was a hit so I decided to make more icons. I didn't want to do a whole black theme because there are some of those already and they don't look all that great with so many black icons next to each other.

I made a camera icon. It doesn't look all that different than the normal one, but I added a light vertical gradient instead of the darker horizontal one on the normal camera icon. I also desaturated the light on the lense giving it a more gray look upon the request of the user Kpr0000. Seriously Apple, a blue lense? No cameras have blue lenses.

Below is the icon. Please critique it and state what you like and don't like. Thanks.
    *Update! I decided to have a red lense instead. Thought it would look cooler.
    Before. After.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Hey guys, got another one. I just whipped it up. This is kind of going to be a theme, but I am not going to make all of the icons. Just some. Check out this iTunes icon! Again, please critique.

Hey guys, yet another icon. This one is the AppStore. I am keeping these icons very similar so they look more together. If anyone has some advice for making my circles less jagged, please post.

Made another one. Late at night, couldn't think of a good concept. Not spectacular. Critique please.

2. Manic Nimrod

Manic Nimrod Well-Known Member

are you gonna make a thread everytime you make 1 icon?

It looks like you have just got the old camera icon and selected the lens and just copied it over.

:/
  3. avikar1

avikar1 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Looks same...
    Just bblack and white
  4. Germany

Germany Banned

The gradient is different. Get my icon and the normal one and they are a lot different. I am sorry, but I am letting my other thread die. I am now much better at making icons and these ones are more official. I promise I won't make a new one for each icon and I haven't been.
  5. Manic Nimrod

Yours:

Apples:

All i see is that the gradient is a bit different.
  6. Germany

Germany Banned

Okay, my friends and I thought it looked cool. Could you make some suggestions to make it better? Different lense color? Gradient change? What? Thanks for the critique everyone

Btw, just posted another icon a couple minutes ago

7. Manic Nimrod

Yes, Change the gradient....Try to make your own lens.(it will be hard, but it will look alot better)

Smooth out the circle,(both the circles are jagged)

Also go into blending options and mess around with drop shadow+inner shadow.
  8. Germany

Germany Banned

Okay, I'm not gonna redo the camera icon, but I see what you mean to kind of play around with things to tweak it a bit and make it look much better. I will continue to make new icons and post them here.
  9. kpr0000

kpr0000 Banned

H-H-H-H-H-H-H-H-H-H-H-H-H-H-H-H-H-H-H-H-H-H-H-H-H-H-H-H-H-H-H-H-H-H-H-H-H-H-H-H-H-H-H-H-HOMO

I think the icons look mint, just with the middle. You should take all the basic icons and make a theme out of it
  10. iamkewl

iamkewl Banned

I dont like the pink icon..looks un-professional.