Camera attachment

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by dpocius, Feb 6, 2008.

1. dpocius

dpocius New Member

More of a hardware idea, but how about a digital camera that you can dock an iPod Touch into. It would store pix directly into iPhoto, and use the iPod screen as the camera viewfinder. Video clips with stereo sound, too, but maybe that's asking too much.
  2. kyungjin

kyungjin New Member

You'd have to make a camera that has an iPod/iPhone dock and write the corresponding software to make this possible. Apple probably won't let another company use their I/O interface much less write the code for it without some serious benefits and cash.

I think we'd have better luck with a camera add-on that would plug into the bottom of the iPod that would run on the iPod Touch's battery.
  3. Byron_B

Byron_B New Member

whY about the micropphone at touchmods.net. Something like that would work well as a camera. I was thinking about this the otherday and would be a really neat addon
  4. I_am_Mad_like_This

I_am_Mad_like_This New Member

I wish I had a phone/microphone/bluetooth/camera/coffeemaker dongle.

yesss!
  5. bigshultz36

bigshultz36 New Member

id def buy one idc how much they cost. Then you pretty much do have an iphone and becuase you can download all the software needed for a camera off installer then its not that big of a deal
  6. dpocius

dpocius New Member

I was thinking of something that looked like a SLR with interchangeable lenses (think Nikon or Canon) with a pocket in the back where you plugged in the Touch. The other neat thing you could do is have the operation of the camera directly controlled/managed by the Touch. This allows the camera to be hacked, in that anyone could write custom software to control the camera. The camera would be a smart peripheral with its own open-source firmware, like a set of function calls or something. Also you'd have access to all the iPod's facilities, like Wi-Fi. How about remote flash control? Remote shutter trip? Periodic timed exposures? Two-finger zoom? Touch selection of focus point? On-board depth-of-field calculation? Instant e-mailing of pictures? Really useable GUI for camera control? All possible!

What else could you do with something like this?
  7. acrich

acrich New Member

dude

this is such a great idea.

i've been thinking of the same thing...except i wasn't imagining slr sized...more like the canon elph series...it wouldn't have to be much larger than the ipod itself - maybe longer but not much thicker? there's so much potential here. it should also have a decent built-in speaker and an sd slot!!!!

i would probably pay almost as much as i payed for the ipod just to be able to have a detachable dock-like device like this.

come on third-parties get on this asap!!!
  8. justinthebest25

justinthebest25 New Member

i would actually buy this no matte rhow much it costs it couldent be that hard to make the software most of it is out for the iphone but does the ipod touch cable cappable to support a camera?
  9. ur_so_beautiful

ur_so_beautiful New Member

yeah i thought of something like this, where iLight/iTorch or something you just plug it into the bottom of the ipod and voila! light from the bulb - i mean it plugs in and dircetly uses the power from the iPod.

i suppose if you wanted to you could add an app and select on/off/sos etc.

but yeah a camera thing would be awesome. make sure it's a spy camera so it's small and attaches to the back of the iPod

Please Register or Log in to view images

awesome
  10. enj0ii

enj0ii New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    it would be pretty sweet.. but how many megapixels lol