Calling all Tor, NJD and Chi hockey fans.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Flea, May 2, 2010.

1. Flea

Flea New Member

Device:
    iPad
    Hey, so today I was reading HF Boards and their crazy offers and wanted to take a shot at making my own three-way proposal. Keep in mind I'm a fan of all three teams but I'm a die-hard Leafs fan so it may be a bit biased. Tell me what you think of this:

Please Register or Log in to view images

-F Kris Versteeg
    -F Jamie Langenbrunner
    -F Rob Niedermayer (UFA)
    -Chi 1st (Maybe 2nd instead?)

Cap:
    Lose -$6,479,999
    Gain +$6,883,333
    Overall: +$403,334

-D Tomas Kaberle
    -D Niklas Hjalmarsson (RFA)
    -Tor 3rd

Cap:
    Lose -$4,537,500
    Gain +$4,850,000
    Overall: +$312, 500

-G James Reimer
    -D Andy Greene
    -F Christian Hanson (RFA)
    -D Keith Aulie (Maybe Gunnersson instead?)

Cap:
    Lose -3,683,333
    Gain +2,804,999
    Overall: -878,334

IMO, all three teams win. Here's why:
    TOR: Gets much needed offensive players, one whose young and one who can provide veteran leadership, along with a bottom 6 forward and a late pick. Losing Reimer doesn't hurt at all with the recent signings of Rynnas and Scrivens.

NJD: Badly needs some defensive help, and gets one puck-moving defenseman who is one of the best in the league, along with a young skilled defenceman with a bright future. They also get a pick to help. Also, with Kaberle they can let Martin walk if they want to, so they can try to re-sign Kovy.

CHI: First of all, Chicago frees up some cap space, but also gets some key acquisitions. They are already set in their top 6, so they get a bottom 6 forward in Hanson who could play up if needed. They get two defencemen to help their bottom 4 D and a young goalie who could back-up Niemi in the future. Hanson also allows Chicago to let Madden walk if they needed even more cap space.

So what do you guys think? I'm gonna post this on HF Boards when my account gets verified.
    Fair? Stupid? Suggestions?
    Any adjustments are appreciated!
  2. NinetyFour

NinetyFour Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I don't see why Chicago needs to lose 880K in this deal when they are already better than both teams. Why change a winning formula?

Also, I doubt Chicago will give away a 1st round when, again, they already have all they need.
  3. Flea

Flea New Member

Device:
    iPad
    A first or second rounder.
    Chicago is in cap trouble, and they need to move one of versteeg or sharp this off-season. The cap situation is what forces teams to change winning formulas.
    Not only do they free up cap space with this deal, they gain a young bottom 6 forward to replace madden, which frees up even more space. Also, after Kieth, Seabs and Campbell (who is over-payed), their D is a bit lacking, so they get two D-men, one who can jump in right away and another who can help in the future. Finally, Huet will likely be gone soon, so they need goalies and Reimer is a young prospect to fill that hole behind Niemi.