Calling all ipod touch/iphone fans

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by PetaB, Sep 11, 2008.

1. PetaB

PetaB New Member

My iPhone ,currently running on version 2.0.2, will not restore. It froze up as I was downloading an app from the store and then froze and then automatically restarted itself. Everytime I try restoring the darn thing, it comes up with this 1611 error or something similar. Has anyone else had problems like this? If so, can you please help me? I'm starting to think that it's not the iPhone but the new iTunes 8.0 which I currently am running. Another problem I'm having is trying to get updates for my apps but iTunes won't let me. I've searched on Google so don't tell me to go look there. My iTunes problem is there but there is no solution that has worked for me. I've also looked on Google for my iPhone problem and I couldn't find any. PLEASE HELP ME!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Aprosamurai

Aprosamurai Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I Have Answered The Call Fellow Fan
    have you tried looking for itunes 7.7 and downgrading to that and does 2.0.2 work with 8 i thought you had to be on 2.1
  3. PetaB

PetaB New Member

That may just be the answer! Thank you very much. I'll have to wait till tomorrow to try though.

Since the update for iPhones doesn't come out until tomorrow. I don't really want to downgrade iTunes but if the updated doesn't fix my problem then I'll just have to downgrade. And if that doesn't work, I'll have to go to a Genius but I don't really want to because the closest Apple store is about 45 min. away and I need to save gas and money.