Called Apple: The Real Deal on The App Pack & Rebates

Discussion in 'iPod touch January App Pack (iPhone Apps)' started by Gadgetfreek, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Gadgetfreek

Gadgetfreek New Member

Ok well hopefully this won't be a double post, and unless each rep that everyone gets when they call tells another story here is what i found out today during my own personal call to apple...

1. If you purchased your ipod & i am guessing iphone as well between Dec 27th - Jan. 14th you can obtain a rebate if you bought the app pack recently....

2. The itunes January update has been temp. taken offline because of the system itself. Seems as if when people go to purchase the app. pack, they are being charged twice ... They are trying to resolve this problem as we speak .....

3. There are no rebates in the works for anyone who is purchasing the app pack now or in the future this according to the rep. Sorry guys .... Jailbreak anyone???

4. There is no real news on whether or not this will be the start of a monthly software update, Feb '08. March '08 etc....

Hope this helps ....
  2. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Really? that sucks.
  3. Jodymitoma

Jodymitoma New Member

Nawww, this isn't a double post...

...It's a f***in' centuple post!!!

No, this has nothing to do with iPhone users... They got these apps for free when they first bought their iPods, and they got the upgrades for free as well.
  4. Gadgetfreek

Gadgetfreek New Member

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thats my fault than,

Dam those iphone users, anyone think that new samsung m800 has a chance ... (i know off topic -jk)
  5. sct_nh

sct_nh New Member

Oh I hope it is! I'd love to have to pay $20 every month.
    YAY APPLE!
  6. Packman

Packman New Member

I've only had my Touch a week and read about the rebate so I went ahead and did the firmware ubgrade and bought the apps package hoping to call for the rebate. Much to my surprise when I checked my debit card online here's what shows for my purchase: This is a list of the unexpired holds outstanding on this account. Please be aware that card authorization holds may expire before the card transaction actually posts to your account. Therefore, this may not be a complete list of outstanding, unposted transactions on this account.

The word "days" in this list means "business days."
    Eff Date Amount Type Payee/Ref.
    01/17/08 5.39 Sig. preauth RADIO SHACK
    01/16/08 1.03 Sig. preauth APL*ITUNES
    01/15/08 53.43 Sig. preauth TRANS WORLD ENT

Interesting!
  7. Tigerclaw

Tigerclaw New Member

Didn't read this before now

Just sent this email to the iTunes on-line store (as the app pack comes through them)

Quote:

This is sort of pre-order related. But it's more a request for information, and a bit of a complaint (sorry).

I recently bought my iPod Touch 27/12/07, which as you can see is less than a month old. Now the iTunes store is offering updated firmware (free), and an app pack charged at £12.99.

I must say I feel a little stitched up here. The sales people in the store where I bought my iPod must have known that this new software was going to be available shortly, but still took my money for an already out of date product. Not pleased am I mmm :-(
    I'm thinking of returning my iPod Touch, asking for my money back. And then imediately purchasing a BRAND NEW model with all the apps etc.

That's the complaint over with. Now the request for information:

Are Apple going to do the right thing by their customers and reimberse those that have recently bought an iPod Touch?
    How about all those parents that bought this product for their children for Christmas?

Item 2:
    Is it possible to uninstall "parts" of this app pack? While I could really do with the notes app, mail app, weather app and maps app, I don't really want the stocks app (haven't got any money for the stock market

)?

Or should I wait another month or so and see what else you are going to bring out? Maybe a dictionary, or perhaps a ToDo list encorperated into the calendar app?

Any information you could give me will be greatly appreciated.

Tony
    unquote:

Don't suppose it will do any good, but if EVERYONE bombarded them with calls and emails, maybe they will do the right thing?
  8. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Sucks for everyone who got theirs on Christmas or before (like me)

It's just like the iphone price drop. Apple always finds a way to screw the early adopters.
  9. Infernal

Infernal New Member

So your telling me, If I go buy a iPod Touch right now, if they shipped in yesterday they would have the app pack already installed free of charge?

What a rip off!!
  10. pablowx

pablowx New Member

thanks for the thread now i can go to apple and tell them i got charged twice. although i really didnt