Call of Duty World at War Requirements

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by Aduumzor, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Aduumzor

Aduumzor New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hey guys, long time Call of Duty fan here ever since their debut launch via PC like 5 years ago. But anyways, I'm a PC gamer, don't try to convert me to console; I hate game pad controls. Anyways, as all of you know (especially Abcmsaj

Please Register or Log in to view images

) CoD WaW is coming out November 11th and I'm purchasing it no question. The problem is my specs for my computer. The specs for the game are below:

System requirements
    Microsoft Windows
    Processor: AMD 64 3200+/Intel Pentium 4 3.0GHz or better
    Memory: 8 GB free hard drive space, 512MB RAM (XP)/1GB RAM (VISTA)
    Graphics: Shader 3.0 or better, 256MB Nvidia Geforce 6600GT/ATI Radeon 1600XT or better.

Like everyone who plays PC shooters, the problem we always deal with is the graphics card. (Not in consoles.. lucky bastards!) I bolded the requirement if you couldn't see.

Anyways, it didn't say if it was the minimum or recommended spec. Which is it? If it helps, I got an ATI Radeon X800 in my CPU at the moment, which I'm pretty positive can't run it.

If it can't run it, can anyone point to a good graphics card that is able to smoothly run the game at a reasonable price? Not much more than a hundred dollars.

Thanks!
  2. SmoothTroopa

SmoothTroopa Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    aint it kinda low?
  3. crazyasscracker

crazyasscracker New Member

4. batman27returns

batman27returns Banned

Dude, i know your prolly gonna hate me for saying this but you NEED to buy an Xbox 360 or PS3, the gaming experience is a lot better imo, plus you don't need to spend money on this that or the other.
  5. Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Get a new card and you'll be fine

Thanks for the mention too XD

Umm. If you want the proper COD5 experience though... I'd recommend a new, cheaper 360 console? But I know you'll stay with PC

6. Aduumzor

Aduumzor New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    No I don't hate you for that. It's your opinion and your obligated to say what's on your mind. But frankly, I find consoles to be horrendously difficult to aim a gun on with your thumb on a joystick. But that's my thought, since I've been playing shooters on PC since I was like 8.

How much is a 360 these days?
    & I'm also going back up again, how I'm not really comfortable with a joystick aiming a gun. I could probably get used to it over time, but that costs money for the console etc.

I know it'll save more money in the long run but my parents think of now rather than later.

7. Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    you can pick up an arcade console now for £129 i believe. (Sorry... Idk the conversion from GBP to CAD? (Sorry.. I don't know the abbreviation for Canadian Dollars -.-)) Or cough up £40 more for the premium version which comes with a hard drive.

If you're only going to use it for a few games, get the arcade and use the small memory card

8. Aduumzor

Aduumzor New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    How big is the small memory card? What other uses are for the extra hard drive? Movies, music etc? I also want some downloadable content etc, such as I have a beta CoDWaW code and it has to download to the 360. I'm guessing you'll need tons of space for that.
  9. SteezyG

SteezyG New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    the memory card is 128 mb so your better off with the hard drive. you can store movies music downloaded content and saved games and other stuff i guess. the demo's are about 1 GB but if its just downloadable content maybe justa couple mb. its probably just gamer pictures wallpapers etc.

btw... i know your in Canada but in the US you can buy one for $199 so you may wish to purchase it here. idk about currency but America's is sh*t I'm pretty sure
  10. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    You should include me in there too, I'm a PC gamer

(Well, starting because I made a gaming computer)

I think you should get a newer graphics card to be safe for this game and others in the future.

May I recommend the GeForce 8800GT, and if that's too much money, get the 8600GT (I have, but am later upgrading to 8800)