Call of Duty: Vietnam Confirmed

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by qaiz, Apr 29, 2010.

1. qaiz

qaiz Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)

Please Register or Log in to view images

According to a report by tech website VentureBeat, the next Call of Duty title developed by Treyarch will be set in the Vietnam era. Persistent rumors over the past year suggested the game, set for release in 2010, has shifted away from the traditional World War II setting.

The report claims that the game is titled Call of Duty: Vietnam; however this may possibly change as we have yet to see a game in the series with its location in the title.

"Tomorrow you will see a teaser for this year's Call of Duty game," said Thomas Tippl, chief operating officer of Activision Publishing, in the report. "Treyarch is working on it and taking the Call of Duty franchise to the next level."

Activision declined to comment on the report. The teaser trailer is set for debut on Friday at 12:40 AM EST on Spike TV.

New/More info:Theres a lot involved with this new games including Intercontinental Ballistics Missiles,nuclear warheads, Russian scientists,Arctic environments,underwater missions that were previously planned for World at War(another treyarch game)a CAR-15 Commando model,first person chopper missions,SR-71 and an SR-71 aircrafts and perhaps an encounter with Fidel Castro,all this was revealed in the trailer,but ARE subject to change

UPDATE: The title has now been confirmed as Call of Duty: Black Ops,thanks to ShizerMonkey for the update.
    "We have focused our entire studio on this game, with dedicated multiplayer, single-player and co-op teams creating the most intense, gripping and riveting experience possible for our fans on all fronts", so says Mark Lamia, Studio Head for Treyarch.

Theres also news that dedicated servers may be coming back for this game on the PC variant

The game has been spotted on UK game store site 'Game' stating,

'Call of Duty Black Ops is the next instalment in the thrilling Call of Duty franchise. Packing an amazing singleplayer story that will see you fight across the globe in locations such as Cuba, Vietnam and the Arctic.
    You’ll also be able to fight online in diverse and exciting multiplayer modes that have yet to be announced.
    Keep your eyes peeled as we announce more Call of Duty Black Ops details over the coming months…'

Last year's Call of Duty: Modern Wafare 2 sold over 7 million copies on the first day of its release.

Release Date: 09/11/2010
    Pre-order available now
    190 days to go!
    Trailer added:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1pUiQxVjvU&playnext_from=TL&videos=eIQEZ1WIwag&feature=sub

More info:Theres a link that kind of deciphered the debut trailer,and much is raveled in the trailer with more then what meets the eyes.Theres plenty of info,kind of too much to list on this page,so just head over to the link below (thanks to @Ui94)
    http://weplaycod.blogspot.com/2010/05/weplaycod-breaks-down-call-of-duty.html
  2. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Would be nice if you linked to the original source.

I'm actually pretty happy about this, I'm not a fan of WW2 games in any form so (for me) getting away from it is a great thing. Might be the first Treyarch game I buy, depending on how it looks.
  3. 4NewHop3

4NewHop3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    I'm the exact opposite, I am
    A BIG FAN OF WWII GAMES!!!!
    At least they will have some WWII guns in there. =P
  4. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I won't be getting this, but my brother probably will and I'll eventually end up playing it because I'll get bored.
  5. The Baydestrian

The Baydestrian Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I hope they have Zombies

That'd be the only reason I'd buy it
  6. 4NewHop3

4NewHop3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Me too, me too. =P
  7. BadKarma

BadKarma Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    I just hope they don't copy MW2 or Infinity Ward in any single way whatsoever.

The only good things MW2 added were the Callsigns...Everything else, the Deathstreaks, customizable killstreaks, some perks, and all the other crutches for bad players have to go.
  8. The Baydestrian

The Baydestrian Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Only reason I ever play WaW

Seriously, if they add all these killstreaks, it's just going to bring extreme camping to this game as well.

I'm hoping it's just the basic 3,5,7
  9. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I really hope they don't have Zombies. For reasons I've given up on justifying, I don't like Zombies to the point where it'd dissuade me from buying the game unless it's said to be otherwise stupendous.
  10. Led

Led Banned

It's Treyarch.