Call/Data Counter?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xXrkidXx, Mar 27, 2010.

1. xXrkidXx

xXrkidXx Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Well soon I will more than likely be getting an iPhone 3G from AT&T... But with the minim calling plan..(450 mins I think) What Apps can I use to monitor how many minutes I use monthly? And also, the myth about AT&T's 5GB data cap... I want to make sure I don't get close to it.. Can anybody help? I don't need to monitor text messages because I will have unlimited.. And yes, It will be jailbroken.
  2. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

I can answer the data one. Just go to Settings > General > Usage. Add up the total amount of data (1MB = 1024kB, 1GB = 1024MB). I'm pretty sure AT&T should send you text messages if you are approaching your cap, but 5GB is a lot of data. Like, a LOT of data!
  3. xXrkidXx

xXrkidXx Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    it is.. But I do plan on tethering some times. Depending on how the speeds actually are.

Thank you!
  4. jalexis4192

jalexis4192 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Even with tethering you should still get a message when your close to limit, or a bit over, lol. as for calls, it comes with the call thing in settings so your all good.

BTW: Dono if tethering data gets counted, when i used it a while back at the airport for some heavy internet browsing on my MacBook, it was still the same amount as before i started.
  5. stanleybridgeboy

stanleybridgeboy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Most phone companies out now have an app to give you a up to date billing estimate... I think it's up to date besides the last 4-hours data usage, calls or texts?

I'm with Rogers, in Canada. It displays how many weekend/nightly minutes I have, and how many I used. - I have unlimited.

It displays how many sent and received text messages were used. - I have unlimited.

It displays how many MMS messages I sent or received. - I have unlimited.

It displays any daytime minutes I have, and how much I used. - I have unlimited.

My friend say's its the same with Fido, and other companies are working on it too!
  6. jalexis4192

jalexis4192 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)

At&t is different (gay), though, since, their actual app for keeping track of all that (to me at least) isn't accurate at all.
  7. moshonas

moshonas Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    i have 500mb/month and i use it a lot. i watch youtube, check email every 15 min. i use facebook. and i even do gps nav. i have currently used 100mb (My Billing is on the 7th so i go to then.)

AT&T may also have an app for billing and stuff. i know rogers in canada and fido do but im not sure about at&t. cause the app shows the data usage and also minutes used/available.
  8. cones

cones New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    just call *3282# on your phone, it sends you a text with how much data used/texts/ and when your next bill is i dont think it does minuetes.