Calender Syncing?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bubs58, Aug 5, 2008.

1. bubs58

bubs58 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    How do i get 'Outlook on Desktop' to work, i want it to work for my ipod to sync with my computer and ipod but i cant get it to work. it says i need microsoft office but i have it, im my start icon and all programs and i click it and it says Microsoft Office, and it had word and powerpoint in it and stuff...

But i need the calander thing

Help please!
  2. mikesgroove

mikesgroove New Member

i'm not exactly sure what you mean, but it sounds like you want to sync your PC contact and calendars with your Touch, right? You need a subscription to MobileMe to do that. There's a pref in iTunes that enables a client to facilitate syncing on the PC side.
  3. bubs58

bubs58 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Where??
  4. Parrappa

Parrappa New Member

No you don't. Using Outlook, it will sync your contacts and anything on your Calendar.
  5. bubs58

bubs58 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    how do i get outlook

BTW i already have windows calander but i dont know how to sync it with my ipod
  6. Parrappa

Parrappa New Member

It comes with Microsoft Office.
  7. bubs58

bubs58 Member

Device:
    iPod touch

Not with mine?

i have powerpoint and word and excel and stuff but no outlook...
  8. mikesgroove

mikesgroove New Member

if he's talking about syncing through itunes, than you're right. if he's talking about enabling push calendars, etc, you're wrong.

From Apple's website, for Mobile Me;

Download and install the latest version of iTunes. iTunes includes the software required to set up MobileMe on your PC.
    From the Start menu, open Control Panel and choose MobileMe Preferences. Log in with your member name and password. MobileMe Preferences is located in Network and Internet on Windows Vista and in Network and Internet Connections on Windows XP.
    Click the Sync tab. Click the “Sync with MobileMe” checkbox and select a sync interval. For the most frequent updates, choose Automatically, which syncs with MobileMe every 15 minutes.*
    Select the checkboxes to sync your contacts, calendars, and bookmarks, and choose which applications to sync with from the pop-down menus.
    Click the Sync Now button.
    To make sure your data has synced, go to www.me.com, log in, and check Contacts and Calendar.

i shouldn't have said client, though,but you absolutely have to set it up in iTunes prefs. on a mac, it's embedded in the sys prefs, which don't exist in windows. hence, the need for the pref in itunes.

but, if you just want to sync through itunes, you DON"T use outlook, you set, in the Info tab when your device is plugged in, for your Touch to sync your calendars. take a look, you'll see it.

------------------double post merged------------------

i don't think it comes with every edition of windows. no outlook = no sync.
  9. tdp1018

tdp1018 New Member

the iPod is cool but iTunes (and all Mac OS software) is back ass-words at best. When i sync the iPod, it deletes all the calendar items stored in my outlook...i wish there was a way to do a one way sync...this is frustrating!!!!

Can anyone help?