Calendar sync with Outlook

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mwoc, Oct 19, 2007.

1. mwoc

mwoc New Member

Just bought the itouch for my wife. She wanted a device that not only played her music, photos of the kids, etc., but also that could sync her calendar. iTouch seemed to fit the bill.

I have Windows Vista and Outlook 2007. When I sync the calendar, I only get the appts that are recurring appts, and not all of them at that. All of the holidays and recurring yearly birthdays show up, but none of the individual appts and not all of the multi-week recurring.

I've tried all of the obvious things in iTunes to try and get it to do all but with no luck. Has anyone else had this and how did you get it to work??

If someone can suggest another way to sync outlook calendar entries onto the itouch please let me know.

Thanks!!
  2. mwoc

mwoc New Member

anyone else with this problem??
  3. pattyadams

pattyadams New Member

I've used Office 2007 and not had the problem.When you are syncing try going into the sync screen in itunes, click on info and make sure under the calendar section that you have the correct calendar checked. No idea if this will help but it's my only thought at the moment.
  4. yonga

yonga New Member

I have a different syncing problem with Outlook 2007. Thought I'd add it to this thread.

Everything syncs fine except appointments that I've entered with a "whole day" duration. Some of them appear on the correct day, but a lot of them appear on the day BEFORE their actual date. Very weird!

Unfortunately this makes the whole calendar basically unusable since I enter a lot of appointments as "whole day" and only much later add definitive start and end times.

HELP!
  5. aeneas999

aeneas999 New Member

Calendar sync problem

When I try to sync I get the message:"No supported Calendar application can be found".
    Is this a problem of my iPod touch or my Outlook (version 2002)?
    Similarly, I cannot sync contacts.

Any suggestions?
  6. coolmanclyde@hotmail.com

coolmanclyde@hotmail.com New Member

Why is this so d@#m difficult?? $300 bucks with one pointless app?? The iPhone has a plus sign where you add stuff like that to the calendar....much like the contacts...but with a touch the contacts is pretty useless (even though it works ) and the calendar is very usefull ( which it doesnt work ) I mean who really load their F'in appointments or reminders?!? C'Mon apple, is this some kinda sick tease of an app? Dates and appointments pop up outta nowhere while driving or at dinner ect, but wait, i must go enter this into my PC and sync before this is useful info for the touch....BS!

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. BobAndrews

BobAndrews New Member

at my touch too, the special dates will not be synced :-( everything i tried!
  8. johnnytr

johnnytr New Member

Same Problem here + whole day events from the ipod cal appear as two day events in outlook (1:00 am to 1:00 am). any ideas what to do?
  9. PCKid

PCKid New Member

2 Days may be a daylight saving problem. I don't use Outlook anymore as I now have an iMac but use Entourage for Office 2004. Similar to Outlook. Appointments sync from Entourage to Calendar on Touch but not the other way. So anything I think of at work and add to the Touch don't update my Entourage Calendar when I sync to my Mac. I put in my work hours and days over the Xmas break today. Came home and they won't sync to the Mac. Painful. So it's not just relevant to all day events as the work ones are specific hours. In iTunes I can select to sync to Entourage but I want it to work both ways.
  10. PCKid

PCKid New Member

If your is jailbroken you can add on the fly or if not upgrade to 1.1.2 and now you can add legit as well.