C++ Compiler for the iPod touch

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by bichiliad, Jul 6, 2008.

1. bichiliad

bichiliad New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I am going to try my best not to violate any of the new rules as this is my first new thread...

After installing cydia I installed java for iPhone and like how easy it is to run java code via terminal. An idea would be one for c++. Atm, I am learning it (slowly) and it would be nice not to have to be sitting at a computer every time I want to try out new code. And besides, I'd would give me something to do on the plane

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. optimo

optimo New Member

with the "iPhone 1.1.1 Headers" package on Cydia you can compile Objective-C apps with the API. If you are just getting started learning a language you may as well go with ObjC, and you will have a nice foundation to build Mac apps.

C++ is nice and all, and you may want to learn plain-C first..., which can be mixed together in the same context with the ObjC. Together they are very powerful.
  3. MR_Creative59

MR_Creative59 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Is There Any Program On Ipod That Will Make Me Write C++ Programs ANd Compile it ANd Run It ??
  4. ZhiZhi778

ZhiZhi778 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    err almost 1,5 years old

and: no, not really
  5. MR_Creative59

MR_Creative59 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    yeah Noticed That I Got It By Searching

This Is Sad Isn't There Any Compilers It Would Be Superdooper To Do It By Ipod !!!
  6. replax

replax New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    is there even any posibility of running c++ code on an ipod/iphone? like, writing the code, compiling it (maybe with the arm-apple-darwin-g++ compiler?) and sshing onto ur phone/ipod to run it. i mean not GUI apps or anything, just maybe a hello world and some cin in the terminal for some basic calculations.
  7. daconcerror

daconcerror Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    It used to be possible to compile it but libgui (I think it's libgui) didn't get updated to 3.0 so it doesn't work
  8. R&S

R&S Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Well, I got the GCC compiler installed on my iPod (3.1.2) and is able to compile C++ code successfully, I followed this guide:
    http://jeremylg.blogspot.com/
    remember you have to run the export CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH=* (the one who tells the compiler where your header files are located) command once every time you are going to compile something.