Bypass iPod Touch Password.. Without Restoring?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by john_wong, Dec 11, 2010.

1. john_wong

john_wong New Member

Hi everyone,
    I'm kind've new here, so I hope this is a good place to post my iPod problem. :(
    So, my parents came home and pulled out a random 8g iPod Touch today. They said they found it somewhere when they went out to eat and they gave it to me. At first, I got really excited and happy. But honestly, since I'm such a soft-hearted person, I feel really sorry to that person who lost this iPod.

Now, my problem is, I want to find out the information on this iPod. Example what kind of apps does this person have and see if they left any info on their iPod. BUT, this person has a password, and I cannot figure out what it is. I tried to google on how to get the password but they're all about restoring the iPod and whatsoever.

Is there a way to get the password without restoring the iPod? Please help.
  2. lolmao

lolmao Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    well, even if u do restore it, it will still ask for the passcode.
    Same as DFU
    if its jailbroken, with SSH on, you can ssh in, find Keychains.db, reformat it so u can open and edit it, then get rid of and/or possibly re-write some source code.
    I read that's what u have to do on ModMyI or something.. ill dig around maybe for u.

I hope you havent stolen it.
  3. CloudS

CloudS Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Can you tell me, what do you meant by
    How can I do that?
  4. Jebac

Jebac Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    no way will a person leave their name on the ipod, unless its engraved.
    put it on craigslist
    FOUND: IPOD TOUCH... FREE IF YOU KNOW THE PASSWORD AND APPS ON IT.
    obviously you list your number so they can call you instead of getting an email from him.her with the info and you run away with the ipod to guam.
  5. john_wong

john_wong New Member

No don't worry, It's not stolen.

+ I don't think the iPod is jailbroken, neither. So I can't really use that SSH method you recommended. Do you have anything in mind to find out the password on a not-jailbroken iPod? It's alright if you don't, I'll try to surf the internet again.

Well, I just want to see if anyone on the internet knows how to bypass the iPod Touch password without restoring it, first. If not, then I'll try what you said on top.
  6. Jebac

Jebac Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    so you want to snoop through his sh*t first:mad: before you post up on craigslist or local newspaper. why not just return to the place your rents found it at. maybe the kid will come back:eek::eek:
  7. john_wong

john_wong New Member

Actually, no. I just want to see if I can return it to them without going back there first. But if I can't figure it out myself, then yes, I would go back to the place where my parents first found it and see if anyone turns in.
  8. humanidt

humanidt Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    just go to the place, and tell the manager that you found an ipod. describe it, and leave your phone number. he will probably keep it rather than let you take it. so when the person comes and says i lost my ipod, he can prove to the manager that its his and he will return it to him...

I'm not saying you stole it, but that doesn't prove that you didn't. People will say that just so it will look like they found it. When they find out how to bypass it, they keep it.
  9. su_wilson

su_wilson New Member

Got a friend of mines iPod to connect to my computer and back up while locked. If you understand enough code you can find the pass code in the back up, but you will have th search through 400+ different files to find the pass code. but also in those files will be there web browsing history.