iPhone 3GS Buying unlocked 3Gs in another country.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by n1ck0, Jun 12, 2009.

1. n1ck0

n1ck0 New Member

Oct 8, 2008

Just thought id ask a question on here as nobody at apples stores can tell me. I am travelling overseas to Europe (I currently live in Australia) in 3 weeks or so and i was wondering if it would be possible to buy an iphone 3Gs somewhere there as it will be cheaper with duty free. My main concerns are that it wont work with providers here, or that its warranty wont be covered here. In Australia, you can buy iphones from apple stores but they are locked to a company and its possible to pay an extra $100 AUD to get them unlocked. Is this is case overseas? Please let me know your thoughts.

2. iguacu

iguacu New Member

Jun 13, 2009

you will certainly be able to buy an unlocked Iphone 3gs here in Italy. We're still waiting for the price lists which are due on Tuesday, but for now the prices seem to be quite high:
    499-599 Euros for an unlocked 3gs 16gb
    569-699 Euros for an unlocked 3gs 32gb.

You will certainly be able to use them in Australia and evrywhere else, and you should also be covered by an international 2year warranty (here in Italy compulsory warranty is 2 years).

I currently have a 16gb 3g Iphone bought unlocked last year in July for 569 Euros and I hope the new 3gs 32gb will have a similar price.