Buying 'Touch' today & want a case that won't scratch the back - Belkin Grip Tight?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Greg H., Dec 19, 2008.

1. Greg H.

Greg H. New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm afraid that a hard case will scratch the backside of the 'Touch'. Actually, I'm a bit paranoid about it, since I keep reading how easily the caseback on iPods scratch.

I would like a Rebel Touch. But, it looks like I will have to order that case. And, I still might. I just want to go ahead and get my 16GB Touch, and have it protected immediately.

Griffin offers something similar, I think, that is completely open across the bottom. Anyone have experience with these.

Also, Griffin offers the Wave Interlocking Case. My concern on this one is that it is a slider case. Isn't that more prone to cause scratches, as well, especially since the bottom slides off to allow easy docking?

Thanks!
  2. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Griffin's wave case and other hard cases shouldn't scratch the back of your iPod. But if you're paranoid about it then just look at silicone case options.
  3. Germany

Germany Banned

I suggest just getting your Touch and waiting a few days for a RebelTouch. I was really careful with my iPod for the first two weeks I had it and I had virtually no scratches. The RebelTouch is worth it, and if you can't wait a few days to have your iPod protected while you wait for the RebelTouch, I suggest just gettinga really cheap silicon case.
  4. TheConqueror

TheConqueror New Member

everything scratches the back of the iPod, and I mean EVERYTHING. Your best bet to be scratch free it put on one of those protective films like BSE or invisibleSHIELD or Bodyguardz, and if you want drop protection put a silicone case on top of that
  5. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Couldn't agree with that more.

But from my perspective, cases haven't really caused any scratches.

No more reviews?

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. scotland007

scotland007 New Member

Invisible Shield, i have it on my touch, fantastic product.
  7. Greg H.

Greg H. New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks everyone!

I bought a new iPod Touch today only to realize when I got back to the office that upon opening it (and it was sealed) that there were a couple of spots near the screen that appear to not be plated near the screen. It's like the plating had chipped off. Very small areas. But, it got my attention. I took it back to Wal-Mart. I'll probably get another this weekend, or next week.

I went ahead and ordered a (black) Rebel Touch case from a reputable dealer on eBay.

Please Register or Log in to view images

But........ while I was at Wal-Mart today (the first time), I bought a 2 pack of the Belkin Grip Tight Groove cases, and a pack of the Griffin Screen Care Kit (5 static peel screen protectors w/Premium cleaning cloth.
  8. ALBIM

ALBIM New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I think the silicone paired with a screen protector is the best option. I have the invisible shield with the belkin tight grip groove