Buying Ipod Touch Help with Music

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Antney1234, Jan 2, 2008.

1. Antney1234

Antney1234 New Member

Jan 2, 2008
    Hello i am new to the forums!.I am going to buy an Ipod touch next week but i am wondering if you could help me with these problems.

1.My sis has an ipod nano and i have a old version of Itunes,With the Ipod touch you need at least version 7.4 on Itunes and i need to download the New version but my sis has all her songs on my old Itunes.Can i put all my songs from my old Itunes on the new Itunes so i can download them on my Ipod touch,because my sis still wants to keep her ipod nano with her songs on it.

2.My last question is that the ipod touch comes with a USB cord for it and the Ipod nano is a different one and when i have my new Itunes do i have to sync the nano back on to the new Itunes and download all the music back on it again?

Please reply with an answer

2. plg6067

plg6067 New Member

Sep 22, 2007
    1. Just update your itunes, nothing will change, your sis will still be able to use that itunes as if nothing happened, songs wont go away.
    2. The first part you said something about a usb cord, they look slightly different but you can use the same cord for both ipods. For the second part of the question, no. As I said earlier after the update is completed, it's just like it was before you updated.

I hope you got you answer,If you have any more questions or need clarification, just ask

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. hifi_guy

hifi_guy New Member

Nov 11, 2007
    Your music library will not be touched by the iTunes upgrade. So all your songs, playlists etc. will still be there. Also, the Nano should sync with the new iTunes version as it did with the old one.

I'm not sure I understand your question re the USB cables. They may look different, but as far as I know, technically they're identical.