Buying ipod touch 2G 3.1.3

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by shashanknegi, Jun 16, 2010.

1. shashanknegi

shashanknegi Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    my friend is selling me an ipod touch for $100. i have a few questions.

1. (Its jailbroken) i checked sbsettings and it says it has like 48 on available memory, is that normal?

2. 4.0 features will be enabled with the new version of redsn0w, right? Will it be untethered.

3. im not going to be using my ipod touch 3G 32GB, if i turn it OFF, (not sleep), how long will the battery last, and does anything happen to the ipod if its not in use for a while?
  2. reddevilmaestro

reddevilmaestro Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    1. Its fine. Free memory actually depends on how many mobile substrates, daemons and themes that are running in the background including multitask apps like Backgrounder. A normal unjailbroken iPod Touch 2nd Gen will have around 60mb and below of free memory. A 3rd Gen iPod Touch will have more memory.

2. Yes, but at the moment there is no jailbreak for 3G iPod Touch including 8GB MC Models. A jailbreak for this is rumoured to be released once Apple releases the final iOS 4.

3. Well, it is good to fire it up once in a while and let the battery drain and charge it up fully again. You may want to check out this thread below about batteries by studangerous which is quite useful. http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114236

Finally, i would like to ask why you wouldnt want to use your current 32GB 3rd Gen iPod Touch? It will be fully supported on iOS 4 including multitasking and wallpapers and is way faster than its 2nd or 1st Generation counterparts. Is the new one you are buying better?
  3. Samphotog

Samphotog Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I thought spirit accomplished this
  4. Theodosius

Theodosius Active Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    Spirit does accomplish that. All iPods can be jailbroken right now no matter what.
  5. shashanknegi

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    becuase if i screw it up, EG: ifile, then it wont be that big a deal if i use the 32GB. Plus i go a lot of places, so an 8Gb wont be as bad.
  6. Samphotog

Samphotog Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    what does ifile have to do with it if you delete something important for whatever reason then just DFU restore
  7. shashanknegi

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    yeah but i heard DFU restoring cant bring back certain files.
  8. reddevilmaestro

reddevilmaestro Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'm talking abt a iOS 4 jailbreak for 8GB MC Models, guys.

At the moment, i dont think there's one for us 3rd Gen users.

If he's talking abt 3.1.2/3 then Spirit will be OK. But i think he is referring to a 4.0 jailbreak.