buying iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by technoman, May 15, 2009.

1. technoman

technoman New Member

hi

all im planing to buy an iphone in US with plan...but i'll be using it there only for like 3 months ..and will be leaving the country for min 1 yr...so will it be possible for me to use it outside with cracks availabe ...and wat would be my monthly billing pattern????
    plz advise
    thanks
  2. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

If you want the iPhone I'd suggest getting a 2G and yes it can be used elsewhere in the world.

If you really want to get the 3G you'll have to find one that is unlocked (or able to be unlocked but they are not very common).

Since you're only going to be in the US for 3 months I'd get a prepay plan.
  3. twigster9

twigster9 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I dont think theres any prepaid plan available for the iPhone 3G. If you used your AT&T plan over seas than your bill will be pretty high. You could get a iPhone 2G or iPhone 3G and unlock it via the sim though. Look up turbo sim. And cant you just wait to buy it in that other country your going to? By then im guessing the new iPhone will be out.
  4. technoman

technoman New Member

ya i guess there r no prepaid plans,.....can a friend who has an existing account with at&t (not the one related to iphone (normal ones))...get an iphone and give it to me ...nd i can use it with the cracks ..???
  5. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

No there isn't a prepay plan for the iPhone but if he got an unlocked iPhone he could use a prepay plan with it (either at&t or T-Mobile). Then when he leaves the U.S. he doesn't need to hassle with the plan and he can just get a new account in whatever country he is going to and use that SIM in his unlocked iPhone.

technoman: It might help to know what country you are going to?