Buying from iTunes with a PayPal Account - Will my theory work?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by B2TheEYo, Jan 30, 2009.

1. B2TheEYo

B2TheEYo New Member

Hey everyone,

I'd like to try and buy a few Apps for my iPod. Trouble is, I don't wanna use a credit card and buying iTunes gift cards won't work, apparently, they don't work for Apps so I'm told. Also, to even get an iTunes account to use the gift cards I need to submit a credit card (I live in Canada).

So basically the whole situation is a epic failure.

Here is my theory, please let me know if you think, it'll work.

I currently have an American account (Again, I live in Canada). Yes, I know lying about my location is a infraction in the Terms of Service. But Apple can bite me, since they feel obligated to sell iPods in Canada but not give Canadians the same rights as Americans.

I noticed American's have the option to use PayPal. I tried to use my Canadian PayPal account but it was another epic fail since, they only accept American accounts.

So here is my idea, do you think I can make a PayPal account, but obviously make it for the US and transfer money from my Canadian PayPal account to this second PayPal account and be able to buy Apps?

Let me know guys! I think it might work. It should... Theoretically that is...
  2. www719

www719 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    i think that's possible..
  3. jimshoe

jimshoe New Member

You can buy apps with itunes- I have purchased many!
  4. Chrisschulz

Chrisschulz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I think th person above me has the wrong ideq, he is saying thq you cant buy apps with itunes cards. And i didnt know you cant lol. I use my cqrd. Usually, interesting though, i guess as long as you make the final transaction through an american acc it should work
  5. bontje

bontje New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I don't understand.
    What is the difference from using paypal or using a credit card?
    Also, it is possible to make a Canadian Itunes account without enterint credit card information.
  6. B2TheEYo

B2TheEYo New Member

There is lots of difference, using PayPal, I can just use it's balance which is always plentiful since I'm typically paid using PayPal for my job. In addition, no credit card is used, period.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I prefer to keep my plastic unused and never used - only for those rainy days (let's hope none are coming..).

As for making a Canadian account with out entering anything - no that's incorrect, as I tried to see if they changed their policies recently. It's enter a credit card or go to hell - Thanks Apple..

Anyways,

I tried my theory, unfortunately, it was another Epic Fail. It gave the same error as trying to use my Canadian Paypal account. I can't remember the exact error wording but roughly it was something along the lines "please make sure your account has an address...". When they both do.. My Canadian account is all verified and everything.

Apparently Apple doesn't wanna sell things too bad.

Does anyone know if buying an American iTunes gift card will allow me to buy Apps? If that'll work I'd do that as I live like 10 minutes from the boarder and typically travel there for gas (although I haven't lately..).
  7. NobleRooster

NobleRooster New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You can use an iTunes gift card to buy apps. I bought a 15 dollar one and that's what I purchased my first apps with.

Although, it may be different in Canada, that I am unaware of.
  8. sue185

sue185 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I always use an iTunes gift card to buy my apps too. I've had no problems.
  9. MikeBoi

MikeBoi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    What a wonderful first post....Er He wasn't asking that.
  10. BigDaveyJ

BigDaveyJ New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Itll work. Believe me