Buying an iPod touch today

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Milesneptune, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Milesneptune

Milesneptune Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Ok I have an iPhone 3gs, but I don't use the data plan very much because I don't get very much 3g where I live. I am going to Costco to get an iPod touch 3g 32gb and I was wondering if they would have 3.1.2 iPod touches. Because right now I can't jailbreak my iPhone because it is on 3.1.3 and I really want to jailbreak. And I thought Costco might because they get big shipments in at a time and they might have some 3.1.2 iPod touches left. And my other question is, is there a big difference between the 8gb and 32gb speed. I know that the 8gb is just a 2g but is it that significant? And if I got an 8gb could I downgrade to 3.1.2?

Thank you
  2. luke104

luke104 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPad 4
    hmm.. im not to sure about the firmware version the ipods will be on, depends on how long they been in store in stock, with regards to the speed.. I have a 32GB and there is quite a noticeable speed difference between it and the 8GB version, specially with a lot of applications and media, there is a lot less lag.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. b-mac 39

b-mac 39 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    It all depends on what they have in stock. It's the luck of the draw. There's no way to tell if an iPod still in the box is 3.1.2 or 3.1.3. If they have 3.1.2 in stock and you get one, good for you. If they have it in stock and you don't get one, too bad for you. If they don't have it in stock, no luck for you.
  4. RaymondK8

RaymondK8 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I restored my iPod Touch to 3.1.3 then I downgraded the firmware by restoring it again to 3.1.2 but it's the 2nd gen 3.1.2 (Googled it)

I have a 8GB 3rd gen model so that might be different to the 32gb model.

So my iPod Touch is now 3.1.2 again...
    Again, not too sure that this would work on the 32GB but if you do plan on getting it and you do get 3.1.3 you could give this a try.