Buying an iphone need some advice.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jimbeam, Mar 28, 2008.

1. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    So I'm buying an iPhone this weekend or sometime next week and I'm planning on unlocking it for T-Mobile.

My question is what's the best unlocking program to use. There's iliberty+ then there's ziphone. I herd good and bad thing about both.

Ziphone I heard downgrades the baseband and bootloader and is not reversable and can posibly prevent you from ever upgrading again without risking breaking your phone.

iLiberty I heard does the same but gives you an option to not downgrade the baseband or bootloader. But in doing so you loss youtube and other things.
    I also heard it installs a fake blank. I'm not sure what it is but heard bad things about it.

I plan on reading up on both of these a bit before I do anything. But would like some opinions from you guys on this great forum.

Thanks in advance,
    Jim
  2. JustinCarpenter

JustinCarpenter New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    ZiPhone has worked flawlessly for me.
  3. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    when you unlock with ziphone are you still able to upgrade or restore without fear of bricking your phone? Also when you unlock do you have to put you t-mobile sim in first or do you keep the AT&T card in?
  4. JustinCarpenter

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    You don't need to have a SIM card in. You can just hook it up and click "Do It All" and it will activate it for you. Then just put the T-Mobile card in, and your good.
  5. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Sounds good. Ziphones winning so far. So what about upgrading or restoring? How would that work? And thanks for the help.
  6. pablowx

pablowx New Member

use iLiberty+ plus because it downgrades the the iphone to a fake 3.9 bl making it to where you can always upgrade back up to a 4.6 bl. this is just so that if you have a week 46+ iphone it wont look to suspicious to apple when they find out that it has a 3.9 bl which will void your warranty. also with ziphone it permanently leaves your bl to 3.9. so the decision is yours
  7. JustinCarpenter

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    You can always restore no matter what and it will make it as like you just pulled it out of the box.